jiggly belly

Options
this is THE biggest problem i have ever had. i never really had that much fat on my stomach, but it was never firm.
does anyone have any suggestions in diet and in exerices, which are the best foods and exercises to accomplish what i've always wanted? and does anyone know how long it takes to lose fat?
thanks everyone, ahead! :)

Replies

• william8088
    Options
    Hey!

There's no way to lose fat specifically from certain part of your body, legs, belly etc.

However, if you do firm stomach, ab exercises are
    the best thing to do (not so much your ripped, unless your into that type of thing)

so do ab exercises until when you push your stomach it is firm, don't do too much at once however, and rest
    between workout days or you will feel SO saw, and you will not have time to recover, which will cause extremely poorposture

! And it will break muscle down, making the problem worse!!

Sorry for peeking at your post (I'm one of your friends) couldn't resist!!

P. S sorry if the sentences are messed up or don't make sense, I'm typing of my crappy phone keyboard!! :-P
  • malanindaa
    Options
    it's even better if you're one of my friends and replied to this!
    so you're suggesting losing fat everywhere with different exercies, but focus on the abs?
  • william8088
    Options
    Yeah, what I'm suggesting is plenty of cardio (hiit is best, and look it up on Google, it really torches that flab) so and an ab workout every other day, I'm sure, you'll get results! It worked for me!!!

Once again crappy phone keyboard, I can read and write lol :-P
  • Testnr
    Testnr Posts: 1
    Options
    Ab work will certainly help a lot, but there are lots of belly fat-burning foods to eat. Avocados, almonds, dark chocolate!!, etc. Plus, there are so many different ab exercises, make sure you're doing lower and upper abs, and obliques.

http://www.prevention.com/weight-loss/flat-belly-diet/flat-belly-diet-foods-reduce-belly-fat
  • matt_h76
    matt_h76 Posts: 39
    Options
    I personally, as a man, far prefer a lady to have some fat on her stomach as opposed to a firm and flat stomach and apparently most men prefer this too (according to surveys). Its more natural. However if you do want a firm stomach with very little fat, heavy weight training, working every part of the body, focussing on all areas, as well as abs, plus HIIT cardio on rest days inbetween weight training days will be ideal. For abs work with weights, there are various routines to do, but my favourite is lying on your back and hold a weight plate on your upper chest and attempt to do sit ups. You will find you can barely lift up a few inches, but this will be really working the abs. Try doing up to 10 to 20 reps, rest for about 30 secs, then do another set, and aim to do around 4 sets altogether. I normally do this at the end of my weights workout, after I have worked the rest of my body. Hope this all helps :)
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Just as a suggestion with the ab exercises...

I took a yoga class my senior year of college. We did crunches each class period just because we could. But just like there are a million types of yoga there are a million types of crunches. So we would day say 15 sets of type a, 20 of type b, 10 of type c, etc. and we had enough variety when we were done we had done anywhere from 50-130 crunches a day. But it only felt like we had done about 20 or so.

It was nice changing it up because your muscles wouldn't get as tired and it wasn't uncomfortable on your back that way either. I had a really firm tummy but you couldn't see definition lines which for me was great!! And I know it sounds cheesy but when you are in line at the grocery store pick up a cosmo or whatever and check out their fitness page for easy work out idea for thighs and abs, they have em all the time.
  • malanindaa
    Options
    thanks, ill try everything you guys suggested! ;)