sabotage!

Options
Any view on why some days are better than others? Why if i notice I'm starting to lose weight, I'll sabotage my plans and overeat?
its all about getting the right mind set, getting through the first few days of changing habits and finding a consistent rythem to eating habits...right?
Tips please!

Replies

• flamegirl72
    flamegirl72 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have stopped and started so many times...binged and overeaten to sickness. I can relate to this very well right now. I keep remembering what my doctor told me the other day. It takes 21 days to form a habit. I am on day 2 and it has been amazingly hard today. I am determined. No matter what happens, I will get through these 21 days! 19 days to go for good habits :)

Mindset is everything and I have struggled so hard with mine. But I have lost 126lbs in a past life when my mind was in the zone. And I know that if I can find the mindset- the rest is easy.

You can do this!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I read an article about this very thing today! It's called "ego-depletion" which basically means the more burned out you get the harder it is for you to make good choices.

Link: http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2012/08/12/understanding-the-dangers-of-ego-depletion/

The best way to avoid those snafus is by planning ahead. Don't let yourself get too hungry and have a plan on what you are going to eat at your next meal.

If you find that you are consistently hungry after consuming all of your daily calories, increase your calories by 10%. Also, MFP has the protein recommendations way too low for weight loss. Aim for .75 grams of protein for each pound of body weight. For instance 200 X 0.75= 150 grams of protein a day.
  • donnahandan
    donnahandan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was a bit fed up before posting my query, but thank you very very much for your replies. eating healthily and exercise are all second nature to me. Its the over consumption of calories, inconsistency and lack of planning that are my biggest challenges.I will get there.