chicken breast

Options
i am making chicken and i am making one chicken breast but im cutting it in half and only eating half. so how many grams of chicken would that normally be. i dont know what to put in my diary

Replies

• blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Divide it by half.
  • melissaholden33
    Options
    Probably 4 but it really depends on how thick the breast was.
  • amandae0182
    Options
    Weigh it?
  • Nightelyn
    Options
    In order to get an actual, accurate weight of the amount of food, you can pick up a food scale for a few dollars at the grocery store. If you MFP the chicken and look at the serving size and put in that you're eating .5 of it, that will give you a decent number.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Weigh it?

Ding ding correct answer
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    MFP the chicken

:sick: :huh: :indifferent:
  • JadiieD
    JadiieD Posts: 9
    Options
    i dont have a scale and id like to do it now so i know how many calories i have left today. and i ate it all ready :blushing: :tongue: so i guess ill put 4oz
  • 1MoreRep91
    Options
    Usually breasts are labeled at 4 oz... half of that would be 2 :)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts can be anywhere from 4oz up to 8oz is the largest I've had after just trimming fat and rib meat off. Most of the ones I have after getting them all trimmed up are around 6oz though. So anything you enter without a scale is really just a guess. It's more okay in the beginning of weight loss when there's a little more wiggle room with calories and deficits, but once you get closer to your weight goal and have smaller deficits, you're going to want to be more accurate with the amounts you're eating.