Jillian michaels 30 day shred

Options
Im thinking about buying the DVD and trying the 30 day shred. Anyone have reviews they want to share about it? How much weight did you lose? How did you feel? Etc.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• broomnic
    broomnic Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Try it on utube first :) I like it and it's great for improving fitness but like to mix it up so don't use it everyday as intended so can't comment on results.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I have a site where you can get it free =/ I'll message it to you when I remember where I put it lol. I want to start doing it too =)
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    If you have a lot of weight to lose, its great and you probably will lose at least 10 lbs. But if you're like me and you don't have more than 10-20 lbs to lose, its probably not going to do much for you in the way of weight loss. With that being said, it will help you lose a few inches and tone up which is pretty much what it did for me.

Oh and I also want to add that Jillian actually stated that she didn't intend for it to be done every day. I only did it 4-5 x per week and got great results.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I bought it at Sam's Club (cheaper than Wal-Mart) and I love it!! Gives me a great workout!
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have the video. I have seen some great before and afters on MFP, but I can't stand Micheal's yelling at me through the whole thing! If that's motivating for you, then there's proof on MFP that her video works.

Good Luck :smile:
  • Anayanci74
    Options
    I haven't done it, but I heard it's awesome! I Wanna try it too.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am a big girl and my friends told me it was too hard to do. That I should only do about 10 minutes of it. Their comments pushed me to do the whole thing. I thought I was all cool. But the next 3 days my quads (front thigh muscles) ached :( It's a good work out, but if anyone is big like me, I recommend not pushing yourself too hard. Do it at your own pace. Instead of doing the push ups I jogged in place to keep my heart rate up lol...
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it - I'm a third of the way through it, having done day 10 today. I don't know how much weight I've lost, but I've gained strength. My arms, legs and tummy are more toned. It's hard work - a lot of days I don't really feel like doing it. It's not my favourite type of exercise. But I feel great after I've done the workout, and I feel fitter and stronger in general. Personally, I find it helpful to do a yoga workout before I do the 30 day shred workout, to stretch out my muscles, as the 30 day shred doesn't have a lot of stretching in it, and if you're not used to working your muscles, it can feel painful and tight when you wake up the next morning.
  • amberlongsine
    amberlongsine Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the feedback! Thanks guys!
  • Inyosi
    Inyosi Posts: 19
    Options
    I was wondering about this program as well, and these comments are really helpful! I'll order it off Netflix and see how it goes! :happy:
  • amberlongsine
    Options
    Im going to try it tonight. Day 1 here I come! If anyone else wants to start it with me and wants a buddy, feel free to add me :)
  • sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've done it, didn't really like it and really didn't have any results to speak of.

I prefer her video No More Trouble Zones, but it's an hour long and has no cardio.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i like ripped in 30 better. the circuits are more varied and i like the way she had her 3-2-1 system. level one is on youtube. try it and see which vibes better with you.
  • 9thwardchick
    9thwardchick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 and I like it. My energy level has gone up and I am not as fatigued as I used to be. Also, I feel better in my clothes. I don't see a difference yet, but it's only been 7 days :tongue: It is a hard workout especially, if you haven't been doing anything. I would suggest that you pre-workout before doing it. Jump rope, jog in place and lift some weights for about a week first. Even with the modified version of the workout, you will stress muscles that you don't normally use and you will be really sore the next day. I'm glad that I'm doing it though. I can't wait to see myself after 30 days.
  • kubyshechka
    kubyshechka Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I mix it with other workouts. 30DS is a set of three 25 min workouts so if you are short on time it is good. I personally prefer Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. It is a 45 min exorcise that is more challenging and faster pace then 30DS.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I love it. I am doing it off and on for the second time just to break my workouts up.
  • amberlongsine
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7781-super-awesome-ladies-30-day-shred. Here's the group I just made :) feel free to join anyone that wants to!
  • jerseyjenus
    jerseyjenus Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started out with No More Trouble Zones but the amount of lunges will killing me knees and switched to 30 DS. I love it and ended up doing Level 3 for much longer than the 10 days. I am currently doing Ripped in 30 and it is a much faster pace. I am glad that I did 30 DS first and then Ripped in 30. With either DVD, I haven't really lost a lot of weight but certaintly dropped inches, especially around my waist. My stomach is looking so much better. Looking forward to trying all her workouts.
  • Itssojen
    Itssojen Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Definitely worth it!

This is my post from only 7 days of L1 of 30DS...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/705794-30ds-progress-7-days-in-pics

I'm doing C25K as well, but I think most of my results are from 30DS.
  • lexoxoc
    lexoxoc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love it! It makes you feel stronger & tones your body in every way possible. I'm on day 11 & although I haven't lost a ton I feel amazing. It makes you sweat like crazy & your totally feel the burn. It's just awesome! I also LOVE Jillian Michaels, she is so motivating & she keeps you feeling good through the entire work out!