Indigestion please help!

Options
Hello,

I have tried to increase my protien intake since I have been lifting weights to tone and for some reason this protein increase has really flared up indigestion. I drink a small amount of apple cidar vinegar to relieve it and it helps instantly. Is this common? Has anyone suffered with this? Do you think the string cheese and protien are a bad mix (lol)? I have just incorporated more eggs, chicken and protein bars (atkins bar) in my diet. I look forward to hear what you guys have to say :happy: :laugh: :happy: :blushing: :smile:

Replies

• shelbyj72
    shelbyj72 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I guess I am the only person that has this problem
  • MissItalianPrincess
    Options
    Hi there! How long has this been occurring? I upped my protein and started protein shakes a couple of days after I started all of this and for a few days to a week after I would drink my shake, I would feel completely sick to my stomach-nauseous! Gradually, it stopped and I don't see it as a problem anymore, but I was definitely attributing it to the protein powder, since it happened exactly an hour after I'd take it. As far as all the other good things you are eating, I wouldn't think would be causing you too much indigestion after awhile, especially once your body got use to it. This is just based on my experience, but nevertheless, I hope you feel better soon. That is not the most enjoyable feeling at all! :ohwell:
  • shelbyj72
    shelbyj72 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi there! How long has this been occurring? I upped my protein and started protein shakes a couple of days after I started all of this and for a few days to a week after I would drink my shake, I would feel completely sick to my stomach-nauseous! Gradually, it stopped and I don't see it as a problem anymore, but I was definitely attributing it to the protein powder, since it happened exactly an hour after I'd take it. As far as all the other good things you are eating, I wouldn't think would be causing you too much indigestion after awhile, especially once your body got use to it. This is just based on my experience, but nevertheless, I hope you feel better soon. That is not the most enjoyable feeling at all! :ohwell:

It has been going on just for the past week since I started I am hoping it will go away soon. I am just going to test it each day. Thanks so much for replying :happy: