weight fluctuation

Options
hi everyone,

i had a huge weightloss last week and didnt want to get excited just to find out it was water and not a real loss so i made sure it was the same or even lower for 3 days in a row before i recorded it.

now 2 days later and the loss is gone- if anything im being more controled and accurate as a get better at this - do you think its just water weight thats come on or did i maybe not have a loss at all!

physically i look smaller and after doing it three days running i thought it must be real- but now im freaked out!

thinking i should only weigh every 2 weeks for a couple days then not again for two weeks..

does this happen to you all??

Replies

• EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Your body is always in flux. a few days means little. Remember that if you are doing strength training, you may not lose any, but your measurements will most likely fall

Get off the focus of a number in terms of weight. Go with a focus on Body Fat % and measurements.
  • Tashmayes
    Tashmayes Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster. Your body will always flucuate. I'll go down 3-4 lbs...stay there for a bit...gain 2 which i know isn't fat because there is no way...then it will move again. All depends on certain things like my sodium intake, time of the month for the ladies, etc. Try not to live by the scale.
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    It happens! A few suggestions:

Make sure you weigh in only once a week (this is super tough for me, so I usually weigh in Mondays and Thursdays, but I try to resist til Thursday).

Take measurements (body fat or inches, whichever or both). You may be losing inches but not pounds, especially if you are doing new workouts. I know one person whose body goes between dropping weight and dropping inches, but it's still consistent!

Don't be discouraged! Lots of things can affect your weight. Just try to be consistent, eat well and move a lot! =)
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster. Your body will always flucuate. I'll go down 3-4 lbs...stay there for a bit...gain 2 which i know isn't fat because there is no way...then it will move again. All depends on certain things like my sodium intake, time of the month for the ladies, etc. Try not to live by the scale.

I had to start going by inches...and they are getting smaller...even though my weight flucs between the same 2-3 pounds.
    I have been doing weight training and even though the scale isn't talking- the mirror and my clothes are!