Not so new...

Options
Hi there, my name is Catherine and I'm back at it again. I've been using the MFP calorie counter on and off for the past while, but haven't participated in the forums. I definitely find that I'm a lot better behaved when I am counting. I've recently been struggling again. My son was born in 2007 and my weight reached an all time high the day I delivered. Since then I've lost about 70 pounds, but I would like to lose 50-60 more. I struggle a lot because my husband is thin and never has to think about what he eats. He's an enabler too, he likes his desserts and he knows I will rarely say no. So after gaining back 6 pounds over the holidays I decided it was time to get serious again. I'm so afraid of failing again, and I know I need some support, so here I am.

Replies

• OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hello Catherine!
    Just remember that you can do anything you put your mind to!!! You can AND will win this struggle!
    I'd be more than happy to be a cheerleader for you...so feel free to add me if you'd like :drinker:
    Good luck on your mission!!!
    :flowerforyou: Teresa
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    welcome back and good luck to you ... you can DO THIS
  • mbowen
    mbowen Posts: 16
    Options
    My husband is also thin and can eat anything he wants, it is frustrating because I can't. I am lucky that he usually devours what ever desert is in the house, so not much left for me to eat. I still have some tho. I just eat less than a serving size so that I am not loading up on to many calories. Also if I really want to eat a desert I sometimes will add a little more exercise to burn off the extra calories and fat I just consumed. Good luck to you! It is a daily struggle!
  • Yellow4615
    Options
    Stay consistent, don't let a day go by that you don't update your food and exercise intake. Even if you are NOT near your computer, WRITE it down, and when you are able enter it. You can do it, remember, DAY BY DAY! I'm rooting for YOU! You go girl!

Carol
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Catherine and I'm back at it again. I've been using the MFP calorie counter on and off for the past while, but haven't participated in the forums. I definitely find that I'm a lot better behaved when I am counting. I've recently been struggling again. My son was born in 2007 and my weight reached an all time high the day I delivered. Since then I've lost about 70 pounds, but I would like to lose 50-60 more. I struggle a lot because my husband is thin and never has to think about what he eats. He's an enabler too, he likes his desserts and he knows I will rarely say no. So after gaining back 6 pounds over the holidays I decided it was time to get serious again. I'm so afraid of failing again, and I know I need some support, so here I am.

Welcome back Catherine - There are many of us out there who have jumped back on the wagon. If you make this sight your new obsession, believe me you will succeed. My husband is also on the thin side and is an enabler. You should first edit your inspirations to be looking better for ME not your husband. Once you feel better about your looks he will follow. We have a great relationship but I want this me ME not him. YOU CAN DO IT! GOOD LUCK! ~Donna
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options

Welcome back Catherine - There are many of us out there who have jumped back on the wagon. If you make this sight your new obsession, believe me you will succeed. My husband is also on the thin side and is an enabler. You should first edit your inspirations to be looking better for ME not your husband. Once you feel better about your looks he will follow. We have a great relationship but I want this me ME not him. YOU CAN DO IT! GOOD LUCK! ~Donna

You are so right Donna! I'm going to edit that right now!