HELP! thirty days and only 1 kg??

Options
Hi there,
I have been working so hard since I started MFP a month ago. I have been exercising most days (cardio and strength training), eating well (though I do treat myself every now and then) but I havn't even dropped a hundred grams in the last three weeks!
PLEASE HELP! I think it's my eating - i'm going to try snacking more throughout the day. I generally eat around 1200 calories a day, try to eat lots of vegetables and minimal junk. I'm not often hungry and definitely am not starving myself.
I thought it might be because I am noticeably building muscle... but surely I would drop some weight! I feel healthier, and I am yet to do my measurements but don't feel like my stomach is shrinking.
What can I do!!!
If you look at my diary you might notice I quick add a lot of calories - it's still accurate I just sometimes can't be bothered individually adding everything. But I always make sure I can see when I eat chocolate and that sort, so my quick add's don't generally include junk food.
HELP ME PLEASE! I'm about to lose motivation :(

Replies

• EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes from within. You either want it, or you dont.

Looking at your diary...I have questions. Who set your calorie goals. They look low, but not a lot of information is provided, so that is pure speculation. You dont drink enough water...or at least, you dont track it...nor do you track any other liquids. I can help, but need more input.
    Get away from the quick add...log everything you can as it really is. You may be surprised.
  • keina629
    keina629 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your reply - I can give you answers!!
    I am bad at tracking my water, I have about 2 750mL bottles a day and the only other thing I usually drink is almond milk which is about 70Cal a cup.
    MFP set my calorie goal to 1200 but I found that it encouraged me to eat more than I usually would so I lowered it too 1100 and now eat about a 1/3 of my exercise calories back (sometimes - but it varies).
    And yes - I must keep logging you are right!
    Let me know if there is anything else I can tell you! :)
  • mocchioni
    mocchioni Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Don't lose your motivation. I did not look at your diary yet but maybe you should calculate you calorie requirements on a second site to back check your requirements. Maybe the calories from exercise are being added higher than you are really burning. I know for me when I don't lose what I think I should I look at my diary and I forgot to add something.

Keep the faith and feel free to friend me an I will try to help with motivation.

Take care

Mark