Low calorie, filling meal idea??

Options
2»

Replies

• zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I find tomato soup great when I don't have much calories left.
    Sometimes I add green onions to it, and I always add Cayenne pepper.
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'd have 2 cups of lettuce and other salad veg topped with 2 oz. of sliced chicken or turkey, 2 tablespoons of hummus plopped into the middle then finally top with 1 to 2 tablespoons of lite Italian dressing. Yum!
  • krrinak
    krrinak Posts: 5
    Options
    a veggie stirfry with olive oil and chicken 4oz or
    greens onions and garlic sauteed up in some olive oil
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bumble Bee Tuna solid white albacore in water (drained), put it in your salad with low cal dressing (whole can appx. 140 calories). High in sodium though, but good for protein :)
  • krrinak
    krrinak Posts: 5
    Options
    i like your idea. try plain greek yogurt to replace your sour creme. it is really good and i can hardley tell the difference:smile:
  • JJPAL1
    JJPAL1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Stir fry any vegetables you have and use a bunch of seasonings,ie, garlic, tumeric, itialian seasoning, basil. Very few calories and make a whole pan full. Any calories left over, just melt some mozzarella or feta on top then microwave til melted. Very yummy!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Veggie omelette - onions, peppers, mushrooms... Top with a little cheese and some salsa. Yum!
  • lisht13
    lisht13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    cambells chuny chk noodle ,whole can 280 cals!!! yummy and filling
    campbells soups are my go to - so GOOD!
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    This is one of my all time favorite dishes. Super filling, tastes great both hot and cold, and it's only 190 calories per serving. I'm going to try and copy and paste from my recipes page:

Mahatma - Jasmine Rice, 1 cup prepared 213 48 0 0 0 0
    Athenos - Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese, 3/4 cup (34g) 270 6 0 12 1,200 3
    Celery - Fresh, 2 stalk 10 4 0 0 60 2
    Raw Veggies - Red Bell Pepper, 0.5 pepper 19 3 0 0 3 1
    Oil - Olive, 2 tablespoon 239 0 0 4 1 0
    Compliments - Red Wine Vinegar, 4 tablespoon 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Sunset - Mini Cucumber, 100 g 10 2 0 0 0 1
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 761 63 0 16 1264 7
    Per Serving: 190 16 0 4 316 2

Basically, chop up the veggies, put a bit of olive oil and red wine mixed in with them as well as any spices you like (I often times put za'atar or oregano), then put the feta on top and put the hot rice on top of the feta. I usually give it a few minutes to melt some of the feta before I mix the whole thing together.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Thank you all for all the fantastic suggestions!! :smile:
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    listen to your body, it will know what you need.

i suggest real eggs or chia seeds :)
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    5oz of chicken breast and a bag of frozen cauliflower

<<...THIS...>>> would be the most FILLING out of all the suggestions so far. . .
    so if you are HUNGRY Id say this would be the best option.

I agree - and now I'm having it too!

eating a 4 oz chicken breast for less than 150 calories, with some veggies thrown on the side and crystal light ... ALL for under 250 calories...
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    as long as the chicken wasnt frozen in a salt solution :)
  • suckerlove
    suckerlove Posts: 198
    Options
    I get nearly all of my meals from skinnytaste.com, they are delicious and filling and I never go over my calories when I stick to these recipes.
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My favorite is 4oz of chicken breast...plus a salad made up of a whole diced tomato and a whole diced cucumber (seasoned with stevia and salt substitute)...you will be stuffed...but will only be using 230 calories.
  • ghimm
    ghimm Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    skinny taste's stuffed zucchini is very low cal and very filling.
  • bigsisterdice
    Options
    http://delainesskinnydelights.blogspot.com/2012/05/baked-eggplant-with-parmesan.html

This recipe is DELICIOUS! I've made it multiple times and you can eat the ENTIRE recipe for only about 125 calories! I can never eat the entire thing, I always have leftovers, and you only really need 3 ingredients: a medium eggplant, an egg white, and some Parmesan cheese :)