Need an alternative to liquid crack aka energy drinks.

Options
Altarian
Altarian Posts: 230 Member
As the title states i need an alternative to this energy drink kick i've been on to get going in the morning for the last month. I don't drink coffee because of the type of work i do, which is stuck inside a armored truck for 10+ hours a day Monday to Friday only getting out to carry in between 50lb and 500+ lb with a 2 wheel cart, and coffee does nothing but make me need to pee every 5 seconds. I noticed today that i downed a Monster BFC and it did nothing but make me need to go pee. Before anyone says 5hr energy, no thank you.
So any advice would be great before the energy drinks kill me.

Replies

• MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Ephedra and Caffeine Pills. lol.
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    I stopped my monster drinks and replaced with green tea.
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition AmiNO Energy. No sugar and very low in calories. I use it during the day as well as during my workouts.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I also switched to green tea. I make a pitcher of it and keep it in the fridge, served up with a splash of milk and some stevia.

It's great and gives me energy.
  • Commander6666
    Commander6666 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Try 1mr or No explode. Normally these are used for pre workout but I cut dose down and use to get thru work.
  • ioloughlin
    Options
    What about some kind of protein shake? I usually blend up a whole banana with some almond milk and add a scoop of raw protein and a scoop of raw super food for breakfast. Not sure if that will give the same kick as a monster energy drink, but it is definitely much healthier.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I was drinking a sugar free red bull every day and lost weight, now I don't drink them due to my preworkout drink,, combined it is to much caffeine for me
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Lol I hear ya...I'm a school bus driver. Can't you use the bathroom in the banks? I worked in banking a long time and we let our guys use the bathroom lol. I'll inbox you...
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I drink Crystal Light Energy. Will still make you pee, but more mg of caffeine, so you won't have to drink a whole lot. Caffeine pills work too, just not as cheap.
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Energy bars or pills if you're trying to avoid liquids.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    or vitamin water Drive ... 0 calories and has caffeine
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Actual crack
  • ddrobins1956
    Options
    I swear by my morning protein drink. Gives me that morning boost, plus keeps me full and satisfied all morning till lunch and even beyond lunch some days.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    If you need a little something to help with energy and focus look up Buzz Bites, I think they are only 25 calories and contain caffeine, B vitamins, ginseng, and taurine. I usually have about 2-3 a day, especially before meetings to keep me alert and focused. I buy just the plain chocolate although there is a mint as well. The first time you taste one there is a slight after-taste, but then you never notice it again. I would not survive without these. I hate coffee and went cold turkey from any type of soda 2-3 years ago and am not going back. We actually buy them by the case. :laugh:
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I will drink coffee whenever I want it- its my one vice that will never change no matter where my new goals take me... but Im usually just a 2-3 cup a day kinda gal so if I realllly want more kick-
    something with B vitamins instead of more caffeine since I think I probably get enough daily as it is. Green tea, crystal lite energy, etc.
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I like the V-8 Energy drinks.