i'm not losing any weight, can you please look at my diary?

Options
I admit I had the weekend off my diet, didn't go too overboard and felt too guilty to log those days...i should have though i know. I really don't know whether I'm on the right track, I don't seem to be even dropping a pound per week...I think I've actually gained weight.

I would really appreciate it if you could look at my diary and give me some advice...I could be eating too many carbs perhaps?

Replies

• BeantownSooner
    Options
    I would say generally speaking it appears you're doing pretty well. Things you might consider:

* You eat a lot of fruit which is good but it seems that on occasion they actually make up a good portion of the calories of an entire meal. As you probably know there are lots of natural sugars in fruit which frankly I don't worry too much about but you might consider swapping a couple of these out a day for fresh veggies instead. Especially when they're making up one of your meals.

* Carb/Protein/Fat Ratio: MFP sets the default for this at 55%/15%/30%. Many that are trying to lose weight try to limit carbs somewhat in exchange for Protein. 40%/40%/20% or 40%/30%/30% might be better macro nutrient targets for you to look at. When reducing the fruits a little bit it'll help reduce the carbs as well.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    looks like you make healthy choices

one suggestion: log your bad days too, seeing that number will make you realize that you do NOT want to do that again.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I agree with logging the bad days.....log everything. What kind of exercise are you getting? Also, your diet looks healthy, but I'd suggest upping the protein and lowering the carbs.
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    All that fruit is nothing but sugar of the worst kind. Cut down on fruit and drink water instead.
    You should exercise harder. You are quite petite and 20 minutes of biking and walking is nothing for you. Either up the effort or lengthen the time. You should be breathing heavily during your workout, that's how you know you are burning fat. That's why we breath, to get the oxygen to where the fat is being burned. No more gliding down the street with your flowery dress:)
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    All that fruit is nothing but sugar of the worst kind. Cut down on fruit and drink water instead.
    You should exercise harder. You are quite petite and 20 minutes of biking and walking is nothing for you. Either up the effort or lengthen the time. You should be breathing heavily during your workout, that's how you know you are burning fat. That's why we breath, to get the oxygen to where the fat is being burned. No more gliding down the street with your flowery dress:)

No.

1. Fruits are not sugar of the worst kind. They are sugar of the BEST kind.
    2. Fat loss is done through a caloric deficit, not through excessive exercise.

I suggest you up your protein intake to 30% of your diet, log all your days and everything you eat so you can really see what is going on with your diet. Additionally, weight training will offer good benefits in your weight loss goals.