newcomer

Options
I'm very new at this message board stuff. I have been trying to lose weight for the last two years, I will do good and then do bad. I have type2 diabetes so doc wants me to lose weight. I have no support from my family, so I get depressed easy and then I eat. I am so hoping this site will help me.

Replies

• dreja82
    dreja82 Posts: 43
    Options
    Sending you a friend request! I am always here for motivation and support. We can do this!
  • GijitsMom
    Options
    Hello. I have had a weight problem for years. It has impacted my life in many ways. I have diabetes, hypertension and elevated cholesterol. Last year I tore the meniscus in my left knee and had orthroscopic surgery. It worked well until I aggravated the condition last week while on vacation.

My birthday is Thursday and my present is a cortisone injection! Orthopedic said a minimum of 50 pounds must come off to keep knee replacement out of the picture.

I have worked out with a personal trainer for over two years now. He is great and, if not for him, I would probably weight twice what I do now. My stamina has improved, but unless I improve my eating habits, the scale will not budge.

I love the fact that this site allows me to integrate my I-Pod with my home computer, so whatever I enter while I am out transers over to my computer. My sincere hope is that this site and its members will provide me with the motivation I need to stick with it.