Need my butt kicked

Options
I have been on MFP for a month and a half, am down 13 lbs, and am yo-yo-ing. I see GREAT results, then slack off or allow myself extra food and slow down my own progress in the process. I need some good ol' fashioned butt-kicking tonight. Get back on it and DO THIS RIGHT, you know? Go drink some water and go to bed...

I'm scared to get on the scale until I've had a few good days in a row now--don't want to see a gain! KS

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    KICKING YOUR BUTT ... you know what to do now just do it ...... congrats on the 13 pounds ... stop slacking YOU CAN DO IT
  • zickbow
    Options
    don't beat yourself up, just jump back on the horse. Remember this is for life and it's a journey not a destination. So get on it and get going again!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    You are worth the effort and so are your goals! You can do this! We are all here cheering for you. :flowerforyou:
  • leannaellis
    leannaellis Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Instead of rewarding yourself by slacking off, set up another reward system. Set a goal, and once you reach it, reward yourself with buying yourself something or going somewhere. Find out why you slack off. Do you eat when your bored? stressed? and choose an alternative. You can do it. You're off to a great start!!!!
  • ks2001
    ks2001 Posts: 40
    Options
    Thanks all!! I am back on the horse today and planning a healthy dinner as we speak.

THANKS!!

Kevin
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    way to go kevin .... GOOD JOB i knew you could do it :bigsmile:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with Leannaellis- I set up goals like buying a new pair of workout shorts, or a magazine subscription, or even a new song for the i-pod exercise playlist, each of these was really rewarding. I even have a trip planned for my ultimate goal. Those mini-goals and non-food rewards are super helpful!
  • zickbow
    Options
    ooh kevin I got a great recipe. so easy. take chicken breasts and filet them. stuff them with sun dried tomatoes and fat free feta cheese then pan fry them in cooking spray. super yummy. It's from the south beach diet phase one actually