Not very sore after 6w6p??

Options
I've been alternating 6w6p and 30ds for the last 2 weeks, and although I do find 6w6p to still be a challenge, I don't find that my abs are very sore the next day. I am worried that my form might be off and so therefore I am not working the correct muscles. Has anyone else has this issue?

Replies

• medwards89
    medwards89 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way!! I personally have never been able to achieve sore abs though. You might be the same way!? I've done 2 of the workouts back to back and felt more sore in my butt & thighs!
  • sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The only thing that's ever given me sore abs was lots of kettlebell swings.

Muscle soreness isn't always an indicator of success though, your form is probably correct but the workout may not actually be challenging enough for you. If you added more resistance, you would probably get sore abs. I'm not sure what that would entail for 6W6P since I've never watched it, but a weighted vest would probably do the trick. I don't think it's worth it though, doing extra ab exercises won't make you get a six pack any faster, losing body fat will. A whole video dedicated to abs just feels like a waste, to me.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be sore to have a good workout.
  • thedancingleper
    thedancingleper Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 last night and didn't feel sore the next day either. I know it did something though because i sweated a lot and had a heart rate of above 150 the entire time.
  • Ktmack21
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I know I don't HAVE to be sore to have a good workout, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing these workouts for nothing if I wasn't working the right muscles. I still think its a pretty good workout even if it mainly focuses on abs, and it is getting a little easier.....let's see how I feel once I start level 2!!!
  • 8goodgirl0
    8goodgirl0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Maybe if your ab muscles are already strong then it will take more work to make them feel sore.
    Hope it goes well
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    I'm on week 3 and my abs were VERY sore for about the first 4 days. Your core was probably way stronger than mine! Maybe you should move on to level 2 for the remainder of your 6 weeks?