Nursing Buddies

Options
I have been a member of MFP for a little over 3 weeks and am already loving it! I would really like to become friends with members of this awesome community. If you are a nursing student that is a plus because, as you would know, I am not only dealing with the stress of weight loss and being a mom/wife, I am also a second year nursing student. I would love to hear from some people that share some of the stress I deal with on a daily basis. However, that does not mean that I am limiting myself only to nursing buddies lol. Add me!!!!

Replies

• momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i am just about to start my 2nd yr of nursing school this september. I am a mom of 2. I am sending u a friend request. welcome!
  • mrsamjones
    Options
    Thanks! I added you...duh you probably see that! I am so excited about doing my second year. I am going to a community college for my ADN. Three semesters left!!!
  • nlwyatt
    nlwyatt Posts: 1
    Options
    I am also in nursing school. I have been trying to lose about 20 lbs for over a year, have lost but comes back. Stress has been a big part of it. I am also a mom/wife and student as well as working as a LPN in the hospital part time. I am going back for my RN with 3 semesters to go. would love some friends on MFP to help keep me motivated. Chocholate is a big weakness for me right before tests. lol
  • mrsamjones
    Options
    I am also in nursing school. I have been trying to lose about 20 lbs for over a year, have lost but comes back. Stress has been a big part of it. I am also a mom/wife and student as well as working as a LPN in the hospital part time. I am going back for my RN with 3 semesters to go. would love some friends on MFP to help keep me motivated. Chocholate is a big weakness for me right before tests. lol

I am fortunate that I don't have to work at the moment. If I did I would more insane than I already am. My husband and I share a townhouse with his family. We all have our own space but sometimes it is not enough. They claim to understand that I need space and quiet to study but truly they don't. One of my biggest challenges this semester will be not having enough time to go home and eat. I have classes Monday and Wednesday 9:00 - 2:30 pm with a half an hour break and then clinicals on Tuesday and Thursday 6:45 am - 12:45 am. There is a ton of fast food near the college and I am just not very good at packing a lunch.
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am a Cardiovascular nurse....not a student....but boy do I remember:) Feel free to add me!:flowerforyou:
  • yroma
    yroma Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Jsur send you a friend request...with a typo! Meant to say I want to be a good role model not a goos role model! I'm a med surg nurse who does some psych & hospice on the side. I loove nursing and nurses! About to start psych np school next week--excited & nervous. Good luck to you here & in school!
  • mrsamjones
    Options
    Jsur send you a friend request...with a typo! Meant to say I want to be a good role model not a goos role model! I'm a med surg nurse who does some psych & hospice on the side. I loove nursing and nurses! About to start psych np school next week--excited & nervous. Good luck to you here & in school!

Thanks! Our semester is about to start in a few weeks. I am super nervous especially doing my clinical in the PACU. How the heck am I going to do a care plan in that type of setting! AH!!!!!!
  • Krinaia22
    Options
    Hey! I'm a new nursing student on the site. Please add me too!
  • steff108
    steff108 Posts: 10
    Options
    Nursing school is where I gained all my weight!! I graduated with my BSN in 2007 and swore I would never go back and here I am in a MSN program. Add me :)
  • sweaterfreak
    Options
    I gradiuated from my ASN program just over 2 years ago. I am now in my BSN program and next is NP then DNP!!! My study clutch has always been salsa con queso and mtn dew. Hoping, as I start my first semester of BSN work, that I can stave that habit off!!! I also have two kids, 7 and 5, both in gifted programs, and a husband who is getting ready to enter a doctorate program! YIKES!!! I am a Surgical ICU nurse and rarely get to eat lunch which kills my metabolism. Losing so far, but hoping it continues...and sticks! :)
  • saford10
    saford10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am not in nursing school but I have been a CNA for the past 10 years. I know stress. I get 36-40 patients a day. Ya lucky me I know.
  • texas_cutie75
    Options
    Hi there,

I am 3 semesters away from graduating with my LVN, and will double right back and start on my BSN. I would love to join you in your trek. I don't know how to add myself, but please feel free to add me.

Lisa
  • Roops0121
    Options
    I'm a nurse who will be working nights again pretty soon! It's worked out for me in the past b/c, hey, I don't have much of an appetite at night :). But I'm hoping to stay motivated to exercise and lose my last 15 lbs or so by eating healthy and taking advantage of this site. It's really hard to stay motivated given how tough my ICU job is... help!! I lost 15 lbs over the past year, just been working out here and there, trying to eat a little bit less at each meal, trying to not eat junk food/ fast food too much (especially not after my 12 hour shifts, when it's the hardest!) I got really sick of not being happy with my body and how I looked, and now I'm getting closer to my goal! 15 lbs over one year isn't really fast progress, but I'm glad it came off. Now I have a goal to lost another 15 and be in ridiculously good shape by my birthday in January. It's now or never!!! It's my last year of my 20s, so I want to enter my 30s by knowing I accomplished this goal that I've had forever - I've been frustrated with my weight since college, and keep meaning to do something about it, and have yo-yo'ed between different weights for years. I'm using turning 30 as my motivation to kick my *kitten* into high gear and am using this site as a tool to do that .... hope it works! I did a Zumba class today and have been walking around a TON for the last week or so. My goal is to work out 5 days a week for the next month, slowly wean myself off of processed food (especially sugar), and continue to be conscious of what and how much I eat. That, along with daily tracking on here and talking to you guys, and I should be set! Wish me luck :) Hope I can provide lots of support and encouragement to ya'll as well !