Frozen Bananas Are Yum

Options
NikkiSixGuns
NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
It's hot and humid. The frozen banana I'm eating right now is dang fantastic. Highly recommend it!

Replies

• StilleNacht
    Options
    I love frozen bananas! Unfortunately, I don't eat them too often because of how high in calories they are.
  • juljoejakjarave
    Options
    Throw them into your food processor for banana ice cream. It's amazing!
  • aimeem2
    aimeem2 Posts: 35
    Options
    Agreed! I love banana "soft serve". I've added chocolate chips, PB2, all natural jelly...there are so many options!
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    sheesh i can't remember the last time i had a banana!! i wish they werent so high in sugar!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I love frozen bananas! Unfortunately, I don't eat them too often because of how high in calories they are.
    Hmm. They are about 100 calories. And are good for you.
    I eat one most mornings.
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    the are so yummy. I whip up frozen bananas and milk - a banana shake...
  • AdenaJ
    AdenaJ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I love banana "soft serve". I've added chocolate chips, PB2, all natural jelly...there are so many options!

I made something similar to this last night and am eating the rest of it as I type! It's fantastic.
  • ginnettecannon
    Options
    WoW, thanks - I'm off to freeze some bananas!!!
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    the are so yummy. I whip up frozen bananas and milk - a banana shake...

^^That's how I like them, too. My husband loves the soft serve banana "ice cream." We get the smaller, organic ones. Even with the sugar content it still beats the fat and calories in ice cream!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Hmm. They are about 100 calories. And are good for you.
    I eat one most mornings.

this and for a sweet snack. natural sugar is good and better than all the crud i ate today
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Nom Nom Nom! I've been eating frozen grapes lately- also very delicious. :tongue:
  • bmalone62
    bmalone62 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Funny, before I saw this post I had just read this article about whether or not bananas are good for you or not. Here's the article:

Most people enjoy bananas. They are a fruit, so according to conventional wisdom they should be healthy. They taste sweet, and they are super-quick to eat and easy to bring with you on the road.
    However, some people do believe that they are bad for us because of the sugar content.

Banana Nutrition Facts
    Bananas have a glycemic index of about 55. Compare that to apples, which have a glycemic index of about 38, and to pineapples who have a GI of 66.
    The glycemic index measures how quickly the carbohydrates in the food get digested and turned in to blood sugar. This means that bananas get turned in to sugar pretty fast, but a medium banana contains less than 30 grams of carbs so I don’t see a big problem.
    If you’re on a low-carb diet, though, this could be a problem and it might be a better idea to stick to fruits like blueberries.
    Macro- and micronutrients
    Here I’m going to refer to nutritiondata.com which is a great resource for nutrition facts.
    Macronutrients (a medium sized banana):

Carbohydrate: 27 grams (3g are fiber)
    Protein: 1g
    Fat: none
    Calories: About 100
    Decent amounts of the following micronutrients:
    Vitamin C: 10.3mg (17% of the RDA)
    Vitamin B6: 0.4mg (22% of the RDA)
    Potassium: 422mg (12% of the RDA)
    Manganese: 0.3mg (16% of the RDA)
    Magnesium: 31.9mg (8% of RDA)
    Bananas are particularly high in potassium and fairly high in magnesium.
    They also contain small amounts of other micronutrients, so you could say that they are pretty nutritious.

Read more: http://www.kriskris.com/are-bananas-good-for-you-banana-nutrition-facts/#ixzz23a9uhs7g
  • Everythin2Lose
    Options
    Now I want to go home and freeze my bananas!
  • SaiSrini
    SaiSrini Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think I have probably found a cure for my dinner ice cream addiction - eating frozen bananas. It gets me the fruit intake, and it also makes me feel like I am eating a dessert. I dont care about the sugar in banana as its natural sugar. My worry is only about added sugars. I am not a diabetic and so dont have to worry yet about the carbs.