Lost my motivation

Options
I have totally lost all my motivation. I plan to work out and watch what I eat only to just say ah tomorrow will be the day. I can't seem to get back into my routine. I need help!

Replies

• SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with this as well. I started a new routine about two months ago, that lasted all of a week. And before that, I kept meaning to restart a routine. I know I want to get back to the shape I was in this time last year (129 lbs, fit, getting toned)... but, no real support base in person - and no fitness buddies online, either. I thrive from the group stuff - the accountability and motivation buddies - and am finding it very difficult to get back to a fitness mindset right now. Motivation spiraled down.

If you need an online fitness buddy - feel free to add me. It's not the same as having folks in person - but it can still be pretty darn helpful in jump-starting the spark of motivation.
  • Persevere230
    Persevere230 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat!!! Let kick each others butt how about it!! ( in a good way :tongue: ) My problem is BOREDOM and the ROUTINE of logging logging logging!!!! After a while I hate it it bores me to distraction but I know its necessary.
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have tried and tried and tried to get motivated. Finally I decided to join the forum part of MFP. And now - I feel motivated. If you haven't added and friends - do it! (You can add me). It's great to see other people posting workouts and coming in under their calorie goals (sorry, I love food so I hardly ever do come in under it - I want all my calories!). After months of saying I really need to get up and get moving, I finally started (Sunday in fact).

But I bought a fitbit and dammit - I'm gonna lose my extra weight if it kills me. :smile: I think having buddies and seeing others that are doing the right thing is a huge key to success.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Maybe try saying to yourself, tomorrow I will be another pound heavier. I tomorrowed my way up to 285 pounds and it hasn't been easy taking it back off. But I did it by starting NOW. I always tell myself, now.
    This kind of says it all:
    http://thedancingcyclist.wordpress.com/2010/05/08/helloworld/
  • yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ditto- I started this a few weeks ago motivated as all get-out...running for an hour in am; biking for an hour in pm.
    How is it that three weeks later, my pants are tighter! Talk about frustrating.
    I can't seem stay on track. Have an actual friend i run with and buddies through this site- but I fall off continuously.
    I do get an hour run in most days of the week.
    But the eating and the water drinking and not being naughty sneaking stuff in-- I constantly cave.
    I just keep on trying... I am soooo much fitter than I was last year..
    It's always the weight loss piece I can never seem to master.
    Giving up eating and overeating and feeling like I'm depriving myself-- this is where I stay- in a zone that keeps me from weight loss.
    Feel free to add me for a motivator.. I support my friends on this site..