Replies

• Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    that's true cardio after a fast over night works the best for fat burning

Saving this link for later. - Thanks :smile:
  • jjefferies7
    Options
    You obviously did not read. The article says no where that your theory is correct. It in fact states it is wrong.
    its called bro sceince I have busted 3 platu with experience just because its in a book does not mean anything

"its called bro science" you were disproven right there.

do you even know what bro science is by the way? it is a derogatory term towards misinformation in fitness.
  • danimal5867
    Options

Try changing what exercise you're doing. Our bodies can get used to the same exercises. If all you're doing is cardio, try adding in some resistance training, weights or other types of cardio. If you can afford it, get a personal trainer.

Feel free to FR me, I'm around every day :bigsmile:

Great advice here. When things slow down, you've got to change it up. I started with doing mostly elliptical work and some weights. I moved on to doing a lot of walking. Walking has now progressed into running. Even with my running, I change my routine. Some days I focus on distance, some days it's about pushing my speed. I still go to the gym, but now I use the Arc Trainer because it provides much greater resistance than the elliptical. I also use weight training when things get stagnant.

Just keep changing what you're doing with your exercise and your food intake. I also focus on high protein, high fiber and I try to keep my sodium in check.
  • billyh333
    billyh333 Posts: 213
    Options
    Did you even read. there are study's disproving your theory. if you have actual evidence backing your claim please feel free to show me it.
    it does not matter I am certified went to school and that does not matter hands on experience does how about you look up the the greatness behind intermittent fasting I am sure if u wanted someone to train to and one was an over weight with some kind of degree that reads stuff in a book or some guy that never went to school but some guy was really muscular and cut I would go with the cut guy
  • vleveille
    vleveille Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If anyone would like help I have a lo of experience in plateau busting. Feel free to find me on fb at
    vince.leveille. Its easier to do an assessment there. Good luck. Keep diggin :)
  • billyh333
    Options
    You obviously did not read. The article says no where that your theory is correct. It in fact states it is wrong.
    its called bro sceince I have busted 3 platu with experience just because its in a book does not mean anything

"its called bro science" you were disproven right there.

do you even know what bro science is by the way? it is a derogatory term towards misinformation in fitness.
    dude bro science is and means hands on experience wow you have no idea
  • travismartin123
    Options
    hey people posted on here for others advice not to sit and watch two people argue about who's right and who's wrong if you don't agree then just don't post to it but if you have advice for the person then give it to them other than that get over yourselves
  • ncprasad
    ncprasad Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want. I have been stuck at the same weight for the last 3 weeks after losing about 10 lbs pretty rapidly.
  • jjefferies7
    Options
    im actually trying to make sure people dont follow the misinformation people spew out daily on this forum. to OP, exercise, hit your macronutrients and stay at a caloric deficit. There are no tricks.
  • billyh333
    Options
    hey people posted on here for others advice not to sit and watch two people argue about who's right and who's wrong if you don't agree then just don't post to it but if you have advice for the person then give it to them other than that get over yourselves
    100 percent agreed trying to help with plateau help with experience and someone says false with no pics or experience
  • marvelscale
    Options
    Feel free to add, I've been at a plateau for... too long :( (I just reset my "lbs lost" to zero)
  • jenniferg1971
    Options
    If you have been doing the same routine since you started you may need to change up some try some exercises you havent done before. or new foods.
  • billyh333
    Options
    Off this post but if anyone needs help with plateaus add me i have before and after pics what i did diffrent and have busted plateaus
  • flajocar
    flajocar Posts: 37
    Options
    I always work out first thing in the morning (even if it means getting up at 4am ) in order to work out on an empty stomach. Any time I hit a plateau i will change up a little and for a couple days maybe split my work out and do two a days one low intensity and one shorter higher intensity. I also change up on my intake by eating less for two or three days (always staying above 1000 calories. After a couple days of this i'm back on track. I am averaging about 5 pounds every two weeks so something is working, science or not!
  • jjefferies7
    Options
    100 percent agreed trying to help with plateau help with experience and someone says false with no pics or experience

picture posted.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    When I first started on MFP, I couldn't lose weight for the first couple of months. Started following this (the original version), and have been losing at a steady clip: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12?hl=Road+map

Try and rework your numbers, and see where it lands you.
  • billyh333
    Options

picture posted.
    got your point don't want to argue about anything on someone post if u want to argue check out my post about intermittent fasting lol have a good one
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    bumpity.
  • patkterry
    Options
    I know all about plateau's its frustrating but don't give up. intensify your work out- switch up your diet... and keep trucking. Dont worry about the scale-eventually it will catch up to you and fabulous you!!!!
  • billyh333
    Options
    bumpity.
    your mean lol