slim shots??

Options
Has anyone tried or heard anything about the slim shots that are advirtised on TV?

Replies

• TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Yes. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Lasting weight loss and good health arent found in a bottle or a creme, but in good old fashioned solid nutrition and exersize...IMHO.
  • SkinnyCate
    Options
    I've actually tried them and they do definitely curb my hunger and make me feel fuller, try them if you're interested!
  • ncocci989
    Options
    what kind did you get the vanilla or chocolate and how did you use them? i saw that you can just do it like a shot or put them in cereal, milk, etc...just curious...
  • SkinnyCate
    Options
    I have the vanilla ones and I take it like a shot because I'm not thrilled by the flavor :tongue:

I have tried it in a 60 cal sugar free pudding, but it kind of overwhelms the flavor of whatever you put it in, best to just take it like a champ!

I've used it varying times throughout the day, but I found mid morning and mid afternoon to be the most effective -- it leaves me feeling STUFFED after lunch and dinner! Of course everybody probably has a different feeling, but I raved about it to my mom and she had the same experience. :happy:
  • ncocci989
    Options
    ok thanks for the help! there are times that i still feel hungry, so i might have to give it a try!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Just another idea here - you may want to try working in lots of raw/fresh veggies and foods like beans into your diet (if you don't already)- I load a plate up with veggies and 1/2 c beans (black, pinto, garbanzo, etc.) for dinner along with a small portion of whatever main dish I'm having, and I never feel hungry afterwards. You can eat TONS of veggies for very few calories. If you load up on healthy foods like this you shouldn't need anything to artificially make you feel full.
  • SkinnyCate
    Options
    Just another idea here - you may want to try working in lots of raw/fresh veggies and foods like beans into your diet (if you don't already)- I load a plate up with veggies and 1/2 c beans (black, pinto, garbanzo, etc.) for dinner along with a small portion of whatever main dish I'm having, and I never feel hungry afterwards. You can eat TONS of veggies for very few calories. If you load up on healthy foods like this you shouldn't need anything to artificially make you feel full.

You're right in saying that the best option is to stock up on veggies. I only use the SlimShots when I know I am having a particular busy day where snacking isn't an option (I am a teacher). I haven't had any negative side effects, so really there is no harm in trying if you are curious. It's not a diet pill or a meal replacement, just a little helper :wink:
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    My mom tried them and spent the day in the bathroom throwing up. She said they'd be a great diet (ha!) and quit taking them immediately. So be careful, don't buy the large box, and I agree with others that it otherwise could be too good to be true, and lots of small meals should keep you full, too. Good luck though!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I tried them once and put the box in the gargbage the vanilla ones taste gross!!!!!!:sick:
  • LPNlauren
    Options
    I use Hydroxycut and within the past few days I have been a lot less hungry and I have also notice I now have more cals left over after I am done logging in my food for the day! They made me feel sick for the first day because you have to take them 30 min to an hour before you eat, but I haven't gotten sick feeling at all today. In fact I couldn't even eat lunch today after I took them so I just drank some warm chicken broth......anything is worth a try. I didn't really think these would work but they did for me!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I use Hydroxycut and within the past few days I have been a lot less hungry and I have also notice I now have more cals left over after I am done logging in my food for the day! They made me feel sick for the first day because you have to take them 30 min to an hour before you eat, but I haven't gotten sick feeling at all today. In fact I couldn't even eat lunch today after I took them so I just drank some warm chicken broth......anything is worth a try. I didn't really think these would work but they did for me!

I would be weary of anything that suppresses your appetite. It is healthy to be hungry and to want to eat. (What concerned me was when you said it made it so that you couldn't eat lunch.) I'm no expert or nutritionist, but I've been careful about what I eat for about 4 1/2 months now - I eat at least 1200 calories a day, and I choose to eat plenty of healthy foods (veggies, fruit, lean meats, whole grains, etc.). I don't feel hungry or deprived in any way, but I'm also successfully losing weight. Someone above mentioned that they only use products like this on an occasional basis, and I could see how this might be helpful once in awhile, but if someone is using appetite suppressants on a daily basis, then it's not helping you learn to deal with your hunger. I'm assuming you wouldn't want to take this stuff forever - I know that I, personally, would rather learn what foods satisfy my hunger naturally without having to resort to products like this.
  • LPNlauren
    Options
    Thank you so much for your input! And you are right I don't want to take this stuff for forever, but I knew I would be starving for the first month that I started (don't want to say diet, apparently that is a negative term from my Nutrition for Nursing textbook) my lifestyle change that I would be starving until my stomach shrank. Slowly I hope to do what you have done and teach my body when to eat only when I am hungry and to learn the foods that fill me up! I just have an addiction to food and have just started back my classes for nursing school and that is when I get into the most trouble is when I am hitting the books because I have trained my self to snack while I study......thank you again for your input and wisdom! Any bit helps..... :happy:
  • pinkissheek
    Options
    I just bought some of these today...I use as shake (not slim fast but like a smoothie with lots of good things in it) in place of one meal a day for five or six days out of the week. I added the shot to my smoothie today and I cant taste it at all...but my problem is that I am a recovering food addict and if I dont feel full then I will eat...it just happens...so I am trying these so that I wont be tempted to snack during the day time...so instead of taking one at lunch and one at breakfast I am only going to do it once a day ....probably at lunch because the afternoon is usually when I tend to snack. Hope this helped or something...