Gummy Vitamins/Flintstones?

Options
On another post about vitamins a couple of people mentioned that they took kid's vitamins since normal ones made them feel sick. I'm just wondering, since I have the same problem, do kid vitamins work for adults? Should you double the amount? And what about the gummy vitamins that are fro adults? How do you know the vitamins are working?

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I used to take flinstones because I can't swallow those huge adult vitamins. To be honest I never know if vitamins are working, I never feel any different with them or without them. Thats why I am so bad about taking them, when I run out I forget to buy more because I don't feel any different.

I would ask a doctor to be sure, but the back of flinstones does have instructions for adults (I think they are the same, I think they just say, adults and children, take 1 per day. So I always assumed that meant they were good for adults too. I didn't like the gummy ones because you're supposed to take 2 each day, so between me and my boyfriend we went through a bottle in less than a week it seemed.

When I do take vitamins, there is a CVS brand chewable orange ones for adults that I like. Again, don't know if they work, but they are chewable, taste good (much better than whatever the name brand of them is) and they are specifically for adults.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I started taking flinstones because of my stomach problems. I talked to my doctor about them I take two a day of the childrens. One a Day has an adult gummy vitamin out now I want to see if it might be ok for me to take. Iron in vitamins is what really upsets my stomach and I know some others have trouble with it as well. I really don't know how to tell if they are working. I never feel different but I just might not be pating that much attention to it.
  • cnbenton
    Options
    My husband likes the adult gummies. Costco has a bottle of 600 for $9. It is the only way iIcan get him to take his vitamins. I have vitamin deficiencies and have to have blood work drawn regularly to keep tabs on it. I can tell a difference in how I feel if I don't take them. Lack of energy if my iron or B-12 are low, leg cramps if I skip my calcium.
  • byHisgrace
    Options
    I took two chewables instead of prenatals during my pegnancies because I had htpermisis (super strong morning sickness 24/7). My OB was fine with that so they must help.

As for gummies, they are full of sugar/corn syrup, at least the ones I just bought my kids are :( They are also more expensive, imo,