Just a Quick Vent

Options
SingeSange
SingeSange Posts: 98 Member
So I've been on here since June and been mildly successful losing some weight. Got myself about 13 friends that were a good bunch of motivators. I went on vacation this month and posted on my profile that I would be gone. Came back today after my 3 weeks holidays only to find that 5 of my "friends" quit me because I wasn't online while I was on vacation. Um, yea, I was camping and no where near the interweb. So, thanks to those 5 people who quit for showing their true colors, thanks go out especially to the other 8 that stuck around while I went on holiday. Sheesh... some people's kids. : D

Replies

• KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Im on here and wont delete ya if you need another friend

Mark.
  • misslady72
    misslady72 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well thats kinda weird..life happens! I will be your friend :) You can add me. I'm on here everyday. PS..I'll be going on a cruise next month so if you friend me, don't quit me while I'm at sea for a week lol!!!
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Think of yourself as well rid of them. They obviously didn't pay any mind to your post about being away from the interwebz.
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend. :-)
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Well that sucks!
  • tcpowell25
    tcpowell25 Posts: 292
    Options
    feel free to add me. I'm a good motivator.
  • jedikrissy
    jedikrissy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That is just mean! What is wrong with people! I am sorry you had awful friends like that. I would never delete you! I am always looking for more positive friends, so feel free to add me. I won't delete you if you go on vacation.
    Us Canadians got to stick together eh! lol :laugh:
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Lol. Overreacting a little? They're internet message board contacts that you friended in June, not lifelong friends that deserted you in a time of need.
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    you can add me, i'm on every day
  • Mrbusterb
    Mrbusterb Posts: 114
    Options
    You can friend me also
  • michelle506
    Options
    Lol. Overreacting a little? They're internet message board contacts that you friended in June, not lifelong friends that deserted you in a time of need.

Venting is allowed! It doesn't sound like a heartbroken message just expressing disappointment in a few jerks. I think most of the people here appreciate the motivation and support that we get from this online community. I would feel bad if put in the same situation! So I say call me out for being jerks and move on to new and better friends!!!

Feel free to add me, happy to encourage when I can!:drinker:
  • eloelochat
    eloelochat Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Not cool! Hope you had fun camping, though!
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Some people on MFP are snobs about that sort of thing... so don't take it personally and simply add more friends.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Some people are really picky about that stuff; I'm not sure why. I delete folks doing unhealthy stuff (ED, etc.) that I just can't support (and don't need the stress), people trying to sell stuff (lots of shakeology reps on here!) and drama queens. Feel free to add me if you're none of the above. :)
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend:flowerforyou:
  • melindadunston
    Options

LOL. Yes venting is aloud but I have to say I agree.^ If your only self worth and motivation is from strangers...you are in trouble. Who cares make more friends:) Not me though...if you skip a day I will drop you...lol JK
  • SingeSange
    SingeSange Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Reply to jfanent:
    I'm not crying myself to sleep about it or anything... not even mad really. Just more shocked that a website where people join to lose weight and be healthy and support one another would "abandon ship" because someone goes on a vacation. Like the topic title said, just a quick vent.
    Thanks for your input though.

Reply to everyone else:
    Thanks for "allowing" someone the opportunity to vent. LOL. And thanks for those of you showing your support and sending a friend add. How awesome!!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. *kitten* em!