The bad carrot....

KabbyGU
KabbyGU Posts: 158 Member
Anyone else hesitant to eat baby carrots for fear you may bite into "the bed carrot?" What other food fears are out there?

Replies

• KabbyGU
    ^bad :)
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    what made the carrot bad? nurture or nature?
  • KabbyGU
    what made the carrot bad? nurture or nature?

Nurture? :) I'd like to think nature wouldn't put out a bad carrot...
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    I don't eat carrots, never liked em. So excuse my possible ignorance, but what are you talking about? Fear of the bad carrot?
  • KabbyGU
    I don't eat carrots, never liked em. So excuse my possible ignorance, but what are you talking about? Fear of the bad carrot?

Every once in a while, there will be a carrot that tastes off...not sweet like a carrot should be, but really awful tasting... I guess only a carrot eater would understand? Or maybe I'm crazy and it's all in my mind. Hmm...
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Uh, yeah, I guess some carrots taste better than others, hahaha. I just chew the less amazing ones extra fast so I can move on to a yummier one :D.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    I like whole carrots after skinning them=yum
  • LoMayer
    LoMayer Posts: 8 Member
    I just had this happen to me today! I was eating them out of a bowl and of course the last carrot in the bowl was the bad one.. i was so mad! lol.
  • Enough ranch dressing and you'll never notice it.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    If it looks any sort of questionable I give the carrot to my dog
  • laurie571
    laurie571 Posts: 152 Member
    Uh, yeah, I guess some carrots taste better than others, hahaha. I just chew the less amazing ones extra fast so I can move on to a yummier one :D.
    lol, this
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    I heard that baby carrots really aren't babies. They are actually sections of large adult carrots that were abraded down to be small and mini carrot shaped..
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    I heard that baby carrots really aren't babies. They are actually sections of large adult carrots that were abraded down to be small and mini carrot shaped..
    yeah and it makes some of them angry:tongue:
  • I heard that baby carrots really aren't babies. They are actually sections of large adult carrots that were abraded down to be small and mini carrot shaped..
    yeah and it makes some of them angry:tongue:

angry and apparently a little bit bitter.
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    broken and the misshapen get tossed into a chopper or a tumbler. Nothing gets wasted.
  • Reebee22
    Reebee22 Posts: 26 Member
    I had roast carrots tonight - they were delish, might have raw carrots in my lunch tomorrow. That is all :)
  • LilRock25
    LilRock25 Posts: 71 Member
    Eww.. the soapy carrot.

If it's really bad I spit it out. But usually I just eat it really fast.