The Color Run

Options
I just signed up for my first 5k at the bequest of a family member that I haven't spoken to in a while (good bonding opportunity) so I went ahead and registered. Presently, I can walk about 2.25 miles before being in pain as I have a few health issues...but I fully intend to rise to the challenge. Matter of fact, I was able to squeeze in 2 1-minute each jogging sessions into today's walk and I am feeling quite good about that.

The Color Run is a 5k run/walk/crawl/dance do whatever you gotta do to get to the finish line sorta deal and less of a competitive event...so that will fit very well for me. I'm looking forward to looking like a very colorful tie-dye champion when this 5k is over.

At any rate, I figured the event looked cool, and that you all might be interested in see the info.

Here is the link for anyone who is interested...they have them all over the U.S.

http://thecolorrun.com

(Pasted from their About Page)

What is the Color Run?
The Color Run is a unique experience focused less on speed and more on crazy color fun with friends and family. Color runners come from all different ages, shapes, sizes, and speeds; but everyone toeing the start line has a blast. Whether you are a casual morning mall walker or an Olympic athlete, the 3 miles of the Color Run course will be the most memorable and colorful run of your life!

How does it work?
The Color Run pretty much has TWO SIMPLE rules: 1) White shirts (any mostly white T will work great) mandatory at the start line. And 2) color plastered EVERYTHING at the finish! Runner/walkers begin the 5k at the start line like a brand new pristine coloring book. By the end, they look like they fell into a Willy Wonka… tie dyed… vat of colored goodness.

What is the Color?
Each kilometer of the event is associated with a designated color: yellow, orange, pink, or blue. As the runners/walkers reach the Kilometer COLOR RUN Zones, they are blitzed by our volunteers, sponsors, and staff with COLOR. All products are 100% natural and safe. You can eat the stuff if you’d like (we have tried it and don’t suggest it, it is surprisingly high in calories and leaves a chalky aftertaste). See the diagram below for the COLOR RUN ZONE specifics. Of course, we save the best for last, ending the race with a color extravaganza of epic proportions.

Replies

• annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I participated as a volunteer at this event in Louisville this year (8,000 runners). It was a BLAST! There were all shapes/sizes/fitness levels--even some in wheelchairs and some small kids in strollers and out! You will definitely enjoy it :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I did the SF one in July. It was a blast. There were people of all different fitness levels there. There were men/women pushing strollers. There were people being pushed in wheelchairs. There is discrimination whatsoever and it's just like a giant fun party at the end. Have fun!
  • nmleisa
    nmleisa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the one in Albuquerque, NM in 2 weeks...I'm super excited! I'm only on week 3 of c25k but plan on doing as much running as I can :)
  • annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    nmleisa--you can run if you want to, but I'd recommend dancing instead :) lots of happy dancing from one color zone to the next!