What's the MOST $$ you've spent on vanity?

Options
Be it a physical makeover, or tangible purchases.

Replies

• littlestarshines
    littlestarshines Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds last summer and spent 850$ on a new wardrobe, i gained the weight all year and lost 32 pounds this summer, im going to go shopping again before school starts again. :)
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    $300 on hair extensions. :( lol BUT I LOOK SO PRETTY!!!!
  • dirty_blonde
    dirty_blonde Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    $6500 on boobs;)
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I don't spend money on stuff I can't use.

I guess my closest thing is some baseball/football cards. I went nuts on eBay at one point. And even then I was buying midgraded rookie cards of my favorite players. That were about $25 a pop ( like 500 total).
  • Pudgebrownie
    Options
    $6500 on boobs;)

Where are you located? That's really affordable! I've been researching on and off options for breast augmentation, and it starts around $10K.. Did you get hotel recovery included?
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I got a straighener for $240 but it has paid itself off.

Pants for $150 each but they paid themselves off.

Probably clothes which I always regret. But been there haha. Otherwise not much money has been dropped on vanity things. Too afraid of debt lol
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    My vanity is my tattoos. Over $1200 so far, but my largest single purchase was my owl tattoo which was $600.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I'm a cheapskate! I got purple streaks in my hair a year or so ago. That was the most expensive thing ever! Instant regret! 240 bucks.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Love my Coach purses. You don't have to be skinny to wear a cute bag.
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    Boobs & Laser hair removal
    I guess all things that add to my physical fitness too. (protein powder, my steaks etc...)
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    $2300 for Lasik -- Bye Bye Glasses :bigsmile:
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Suits - a lot
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    $6K for boobs. Could have gotten insurance to pay for it, but there was no way I was going to have surgery to be restored to an A. Think it's kind of ridiculous to have undergone a partial mastectomy, radiation, and chemo to have the insurance company tell me that they would only restore it back to it's original size. Instead I just waited to be sure the cancer wasn't coming back and then I happily forked over the money for an awesome set of D's. :bigsmile:
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Invisalign Braces. If that even counts...
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    $6500 on boobs;)

Where are you located? That's really affordable! I've been researching on and off options for breast augmentation, and it starts around $10K.. Did you get hotel recovery included?

I paid about 7K about 5 years ago. I think the prices increase every year to answer your question. The same doc charges 10 now
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

ding, me too
  • Jaimers92
    Jaimers92 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    $7,000 for braces and retainers. But so worth it. Lord, that kind of stuff is so overpriced!!
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    My prescription was for -9 contact lenses before LASIK. That's not vanity IMO...

I could ONLY see about 6 inches from my face without contact lenses. Glasses aren't an option at that level of needed correction.
  • nascarted10
    nascarted10 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    $6500 on boobs;)
    Bet you look awesome!
  • Presleyforpresident
    Options
    $400 on dying my hair blonde when i was 16. i was desperate for a change.
    and the i spent $250 dying it back to brown because i couldn't handle life as a blonde, LOL, (plus my hair started looking icky)