Power 90 NOT the X...Anyone else?

Options
I'm starting a round of Power 90 tonight. anyone care to start a group for that? Starting with strength training...

Replies

• karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Not the X, huh? My brother does the X, he is crazy!!

Alls I can say is I will try, its not the easiest for me to do!

But let's do it!
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    Nope, just the regular Power 90. Do you have the videos? I'll check in every morning with a new thread to see how we're doing. It'll be fun! My day off is Friday but I'll be working out 6 days a week. :)
  • _Alicyn_
    _Alicyn_ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do P90X and I love it~!!
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    Wish I had the time to do the X but I just don't...kids, work, blah blah blah. :)
  • jwilli
    jwilli Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi All,
    I started Power 90 two days ago. I have been working out at a gym with eliptical/weights for the last three months but recently hit a plateau, so I thought I would give this a shot. I completed the cardio somewhat easily and it seemed like a pretty short workout, i wasn't breathing heavily for more than 10-15 minutes. But I was surprised to be so sore the next day, so I know its working. Im going to do the power 90 routines in the morning and get some additional cardio at night this week. Next week I will start trying the Level 3/4 dvd. I think this is just what I was looking for, like the stretches and various exercises that hit the muscles you usually forget about when using weights. Melanie how many dvds do you have? Got mine at a garage sale and it only came with 2, but online it shows others I think. I have cardio/sculpt 1/2 and 3/4, so just curious what I am missing.
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm planing to start Power90 next Monday. I just finished Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and I'm taking a break between (no strength training for the next week, just some cardio with the Walk Away the Pounds 5 mile walk). I put up a thread a few days ago looking for fellow P90-ers, but didn't get many bites. This thread looks more promising, so count me in!
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    There are just 2 DVD's in the Power 90...1/2 and 3/4. I've done a round before and quit just short of 90 days because I'm a MORON. lol A company named Beachbody makes the DVD's and there are a ton of others out there but the Power 90 program is just the 2, so you have them all. I've purchased a few of the others but nothing is as easy as the Power 90 as far my schedule goes.
  • mmmeng
    mmmeng Posts: 4
    Options
    Does anyone know how to get a good estimate on how many calories are burned after completing each dvd?
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    You know, I was wondering the same thing. I did an internet search and didn't come up with much. I think it depends on your size, intensity, etc. I was just going to use the aerobics - general under the exercise section for it.
  • rickpearce
    rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just started this last night also. Having been away from the gym for way too long it gave me a good workout. Looking forward to tonight!
  • duggan
    duggan Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi,
    I asked this same question last week!
    The answer was to get a HR monitor that show calories burned.
    I went to heartratemonitorsusa.com (recommended by Jen on this site) and purchased a Polar F6 (for $93 w/shipping, no tax). I got it in two days. I'm going to open it today and start playing.
    I know a lot of people burn upwards of 500 cal with an hour of P90X.
    Hope this helps.
    Karen
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I asked this same question last week!
    The answer was to get a HR monitor that show calories burned.
    I went to heartratemonitorsusa.com (recommended by Jen on this site) and purchased a Polar F6 (for $93 w/shipping, no tax). I got it in two days. I'm going to open it today and start playing.
    I know a lot of people burn upwards of 500 cal with an hour of P90X.
    Hope this helps.
    Karen

I'm going to have to look into this. I got an Omron HRM for Christmas, but it doesn't show calories burned, and that's a feature I definitely want!
  • mmmeng
    Options
    Thanks. I did a search on the net too, and couldn't find anything. I have a Omron pedometer, but it doesn't track heart rate. : ( I guess I will just track it as general aerobic too. I just wish I could be more accurate : )
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I was hoping we could all check in here so that I can get maybe a list of people that are doing this challenge...
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I did Power90 for only a few weeks and let me tell you something... I did the Ab Ripper DVD each day (Probably only a total of 8 times) and I now have a line straight down the middle of my stomach. That would be abdominal definition... I was amazed. I am actually starting P90X today. Best of luck to all of you! Power 90 is a great routine!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    Great news! I just resurrected my Power 90 yesterday, so I am all for it. Tony Horton cracks me up - such a goofball! I'm in!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Great news! I just resurrected my Power 90 yesterday, so I am all for it. Tony Horton cracks me up - such a goofball! I'm in!

Yeah, surprisingly I like Tony. But I also was in love with Billy Blanks at one point. LOL
  • haleysman
    Options
    Does anyone know how to get a good estimate on how many calories are burned after completing each dvd?

heart rate monitors are the way to go, i got mine at sports authority for like 30$...it does monitor calories it's a 'sportline' and does the trick, burned like 750 in 45 mins with the p90x core synergistics video on mon, and like 650 in 40 mins doing the p90x cardio x video yesterday, it's easy to use, just go to the calorie counter mode, start the timer, take your heart rate, and away you go, every 5-10 mins in between excercises i check my hr and the watch does the rest. good luck
  • mmmeng
    Options
    Hey thanks everyone! I think I will look into the heart rate monitor. It does seem like it is the way to go. Just did the sweat dvd this morning : )
  • jwilli
    jwilli Posts: 26
    Options
    Haven't missed a workout yet. Im on Day 5. Im gunna stick with level 1/2 for now until I can do it 100%. Struggling with the pushups, dips, and jumping jacks right now. Melanie how should we "check in"