Medifast Success?

Options
Anyone have success with medifast?

Replies

• angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I did. I lost 50 pounds in 5 months before my wedding.

Then I gained 75 pounds as soon as I switched back to eating "real" food.
  • jrmetzg
    jrmetzg Posts: 1
    Options
    I lost 105 pounds 2 years ago and have kept it off. Medifast is not a diet. Medifast is the tool I used to lose the weight and then I followed Dr. Wayne Andersen's (Medical Director of Medifast) Habits of Health program and learned how to keep the weight off.

Diets don't work, Dr A's Habits of Health taught me how to keep the weight off. See my story at www.transform.tsfl.com
  • Trajikmajik
    Trajikmajik Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Medifast is the bandaid approach to the problem. Yea you may drop weight at the beginning but it is not sustainable for life. Learning to eat right (variety and portions) and exercising is a much better plan that the easy way out. Sure it is not as sexy but slow and steady is the better way in the long run.
  • hisakoyo
    hisakoyo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I tried it -- hated the food and couldn't continue past 2 weeks -- I've done nutrisystem too -- neither one was what I needed. It helps to save time with the prepared food -- but the taste -- left me wanting something different , always.
  • FMB1281
    FMB1281 Posts: 3
    Options
    I did the Medifast for a month and realized my life was too active for such a low calorie intake. It was a great way to get my body used to not eating sugar and small portions.
  • Marianeyda
    Marianeyda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    liked your post...less food and more exercise!!!!
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I lost 105 pounds 2 years ago and have kept it off. Medifast is not a diet. Medifast is the tool I used to lose the weight and then I followed Dr. Wayne Andersen's (Medical Director of Medifast) Habits of Health program and learned how to keep the weight off.

Diets don't work, Dr A's Habits of Health taught me how to keep the weight off. See my story at www.transform.tsfl.com

It would appear that this guy's wife sells Medifast through TSFL.
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I lost 15lbs on Medifast, but then when I couldn't choke down one more powered packet of "food" and went back to eating real food, I gained it all back and then some. There are a few people who lost a lot of weight at work, and one even sells the stuff, but they have all gained the weight back. Medifast is an expensive temporary fix and I would not recommend it.

MFP's calorie counter is the best thing I have found for long-term weight management. Between knowing what you are putting into your body and keeping track of diet and exercise, topped with encouragement from Success Stories and "friends" on here, it is a recipe for success :)

Think long term lifestyle change. Are you willing to reconstitute powdered food for your meals for the rest of your life?

:sick:
  • Cortx
    Cortx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    messy much?
  • rl_1983
    rl_1983 Posts: 4
    Options
    I just got 2 weeks worth of food. I want to take off the lbs and maintain it. Has anyone done that?
  • risak
    risak Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just got 2 weeks worth of food. I want to take off the lbs and maintain it. Has anyone done that?

Yes! I lost 40lbs and have kept it off for over a year.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!