Need help with activity level please

Options
I currently have my activity level set to lightly active. I am a teacher and am on my feet most of the day. I am also an actor so I'm on stage moving aroundand singing at night. I work out 6 days per week for 30 min. I haven't lost any weight for about 2-3 weeks. Should I bump up my activity level? Thanks!

Replies

• emphoto2003
    emphoto2003 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Stuz359
    Stuz359 Posts: 81
    Options
    Definitely you should. I have mine set to very active (or whatever it is), I work out 6 days a week, but I work a part time bar job, and apart from that and working out, I don't do much else. Lost 61lbs in total so far.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You haven't lost any weight.

If you up your activity level that's going to increase your daily calorie intake. I'm not sure how that would help you lose weight?
  • emphoto2003
    Options
    Well it fluctuated within a couple pounds. I'm wondering if I'm not eating enough based on what I am burning.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Your calories intake is relatively high (I say relatively, a lot of people on here are around 1200-1300)

What height are you and how many pounds per week did you set it to lose? Current and starting weights?

Fluctuations in weight are frustrating, but normal, sadly.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I started doing a lot better when I changed mine down, actually. Went from lightly active to sedentary even though I'm closer to very active. And contrary to popular belief around mfp, going sedentary does not mean that you add calories for every time you stand up and do something. It's sedentary, not comatose.

People are different tho. This works for me for two reasons. I eat a lot of food so choosing sedentary never puts me in danger of eating too few calories. And I tend to go over by 200-300 each day no matter the setting, so sedentary gives me a call buffer. YMMV.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Take a look at this thread to figure out you targets - lots of good info here!
  • emphoto2003
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions!