MY biggest NSV EVER!

Options
Had what I feel was a HUGE NSV tonight & I just had to share with all of you on this fitness journey with me...

So tonight I went down in my basement looking for some old school supplies, I didnt find them...BUT I did find something else: a box of old clothes from when I was a teenager & at my smallest size. I decided just for fun Id see if I fit anything in it...it all Looked quite small. I tried it all on and EVERYTHING FIT! BUT thats not the best part of this story...In that box I found the ACTUAL shorts I was wearing when I first met my husband 10 YEARS AGO (when I was 18) and they fit!

The smallest number I have ever seen on the scale in my adult life was 155... so the fact that I recently weighed in at 154.4 BLOWS MY MIND! Who knew a decade later, engagement, marriage, two kids later and over 85 lbs later I would fit right back into the shorts that started it all?!!!

From 242lbs on January 7th 2012 to 154.4 lbs recently.. this has been the most rewarding journey! SOOOOO glad I decided FINALLY to do something about the weight...and stop just talking about it. And not only did I hit my goals but I surpassed them!
CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ON HERE who is DOING what everyone just "talks" about....go after those dreams whether its weight loss or a degree etc. " Never give up on a dream, because of the amount of time it will take to acheive it". One decade later and here I am!

Replies

• BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • emmamiso5
    Options
    Wow- unreal!
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Options
    AMAZING girl...and this lets me know that if it's in your plans to do it, it WILL be done! Jan 2012 - current and you have lost 88 lbs...geez you would think 60 lbs would be no sweat for me. Very inspiring and much food for thought...thanks for opening my eyes girl. And congrats again...
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Aw what beautiful success story :flowerforyou:
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL! GRATS!
  • bienemaya483
    Options
    Thats so cool! Keep it up
  • 012345emma
    012345emma Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    absolutly fantastic well done to you :)
  • camsamdad
    camsamdad Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    great job very happy for you
  • taralc1
    taralc1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats to you!
  • sjackson902
    sjackson902 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    So proud of you! That really is a fantastic NSV!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Yay! This is wonderful! This is my dream too, to get back to the weight I was when I met my husband :smile:
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    WOW 88lbs in 8 months !
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    absobloominlutely fantastic! What a reward for all your hard work!
  • Nogo
    Nogo Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Love hearing about this kind of dedication! You are amazing!
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! that is incredible!!!!!!!!
  • tsjourney
    tsjourney Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! How did you lose so much weight so fast? Incredible! Good job! 155 is the lowest I remember being in my adult life, and BARELY remember that! Just remember someone commenting on how thin I was, haven't heard that in 20 plus years! Would love to hear it again! Congratulations :-).
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    well done you, enjoy your moment x
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is so great. Congrats!
  • azwethinkweizm
    azwethinkweizm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Inspirational! Well done you :smile: x
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Well done, that is amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!