Introducing Myself!

Options
Well, no question I'm new to MFP, so hola everyone ;) First, I was lured into this page by my BF4L, she moved to FL some time ago which makes me sad but we're still very close at heart and talk all the time. I actually started going to the gym sometime last year, I was really stressed out and I thought working out was the best stress reliever...along with food. My muscles were getting better but I was horrible at dieting, I stopped going after I had a bunch of family moving to where I was at, work, more work, school, and a bunch of church activities, I keep wondering where would I be had I continued. I have been wanting to lose weight and for a little while I find my motivation on my own but then it goes away, my roommates kinda start trash talking, family doesn't really say much and my bf at that time just kept on saying I'm beautiful no matter what lol. But we got engaged last March, and of course I want to look my best next year at my wedding, he loves outdoors activities, I want to do that with him, I want to be done with this extra person with me, I want to do all the physical fun things my kids (nieces and nephews) want me to do! I do OK with support but once in a while I need a push, some words of encouragement and I LOVE to give it too! I hope to see some of that around here, so far I hear everyone is just absolutely great on here :)

Replies

• 4sandrad
    4sandrad Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!! This place is full of motivation and support. Good luck on your journey, you can do it!!! Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Queenie_O
    Queenie_O Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes, welcome and congrats on your engagement!
  • DietCuki
    DietCuki Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you and thank you!! :)
  • josie8grace
    Options
    I am new too.....just signed up tonight! Congrats on your wedding! We can do this! I have had the pounds creep up on my over the last 15 years. Have tried to exercise away the pounds but I have to eat less food! I am a snacker so I will be working hard on that problem! Best of luck to you!
  • josie8grace
    Options
    Hi.

I am new to this plan. Sure hope it works! I just cannot get the weight off. I'm getting discouraged. Wish me luck! Thanks...
  • DietCuki
    DietCuki Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you! You can definitely do it, I know it takes time to change habits and get motivated to do things but in the end it pays off. I've looked at the Success Stories on here and they are amazing, it really helps with motivation. You can do it, good luck!
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Just got plugged in here in the last few weeks.. Feel free to add me if you'd like

Mark.
  • Mima79
    Mima79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    :heart: Cukiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii my BF4L (Best friend for life) :heart:

welcome to your new journey!!!!!

is not going to be easy but is not going to be impossible either!!! we can do this!!! we accomplished many things together and this will be another one in our sucess book!!!

my advice every single time I have cravings about unhealthy food (big mac) I run to my computer and look for sucess stories and BAM all my cravings disappear LOL

lets get ready to ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumble!!!!!!!!!

cheers!!! :drinker: sorry is with water alcohol is out of my diet LOL
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • 2012sr
    2012sr Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi All,

Just joined...from another site that I've been using. This one seems more active...at least in chat. How bout fitness? Hope to talk to others who are in the zone and tracking. Are there challenges on this site?

Tracking food and my activity on a daily basis works for me. I was never a tracker, but knowledge is power. How can I change what I don't even know? Now I'm addicted and it's a great tool.

Daily weigh-ins we're awesome while the weight was coming off consistently. Now the iddy biddy ups and downs are frustrating..however, it pisses me off just enough to work harder.

Down 49 lbs since Dec and stayed committed to working up a sweat 5-7/week and by sacrificing love of comfort food and grease for the food that fuels. It's tough! Over the months though, I don't crave as many of the things I used to. But I still live and totally believe in moderation because the journey is never over.

Anyways cheers and hope everyone has a good sweat!