IM NEW

Options
HI MY NAME IS APRIL.....I HAVE NEVER BEEN ON A SITE LIKE THIS AND I COULD REALLY USE SUPPORT......I AM TRYING REALLY HARD TO LOSE WEIGHT AND NOT GET OFF TRACK.....JUST THOUGHT I WOULD PUT THAT OUT THERE......GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE........ANY IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS FOR LOW SODIUM FOODS THAT IS WHERE MY WEAKNESS IS AND I COULD REALLY USE THE HELP......THANKS

Replies

• BUTTERFLI715
    BUTTERFLI715 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    HI MY NAME IS APRIL.....I HAVE NEVER BEEN ON A SITE LIKE THIS AND I COULD REALLY USE SUPPORT......I AM TRYING REALLY HARD TO LOSE WEIGHT AND NOT GET OFF TRACK.....JUST THOUGHT I WOULD PUT THAT OUT THERE......GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE........ANY IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS FOR LOW SODIUM FOODS THAT IS WHERE MY WEAKNESS IS AND I COULD REALLY USE THE HELP......THANKS
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou: This is a great site. I think you will love it.:smile:
  • laura69
    laura69 Posts: 6
    Options
    April I just joined byself about a week ago...... you love it.... you'll get all the support ......... we are in this together. Laura
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options

To cut back on sodium intake, first stop eating processed foods (canned goods, frozen entrees, prepackaged stuff, etc.) Also, watch stuff that is low-fat because sometimes they up the sodium when they cut out the food! Get low-sodium bread and other low-sodium type foods.

Also, I simply stopped putting salt in food while I'm cooking it and add it after cooking. After a couple months of doing that, I don't even put it on foods at all now. I've managed to get my sodium intake down to no more than 1200 mgs a day usually and definitely no more than 1600 mgs a day--so it can be done.
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This site is a great tool and lots of good support and advice!
  • BUTTERFLI715
    BUTTERFLI715 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE.........I LOVE PITA CHIPS AND CRACKERS.....AND THINGS LIKE THAT........WHAT CAN I EAT THAT WOULD TASTE ABOUT THE SAME BUT CUT OUT SODIUM BY ALOT.........
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE.........I LOVE PITA CHIPS AND CRACKERS.....AND THINGS LIKE THAT........WHAT CAN I EAT THAT WOULD TASTE ABOUT THE SAME BUT CUT OUT SODIUM BY ALOT.........

LOL--not a whole lot. It's stuff like that this is packed with sodium. Look for low-sodium versions of chips and crackers though--I know they have no-salt saltines.

Also, please turn off your caps when posting. In case you didn't realize it, it's considered the internet version of yelling to type in all caps. Not to be picky about it but it's difficult to read for some of us, too.

Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi April, Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Hi April, we are glad to have you. :happy:
  • tparkin
    tparkin Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome...you'll love everything this site can do for you!
  • One Day at a time!
    Options
    April you are at the right site for support.... Best of luck.
  • Liani
    Liani Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    hellow this site is the best....good luck
    eat healthy n dont give up:flowerforyou:
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    3 words; Morton Lite Salt! Love it. :flowerforyou:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

I did read that if you include something salty, sweet, sour and cruncy with your snacks, you'll be more satisfied. So, a few pretzles, a few slices of crunchy apple, things like that.
  • nikki_b335
    nikki_b335 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    welcome,welcome ,welcome! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: