Adding up them calories

Options
Okay, so after discovering how many calories I need in a day, it seems impossible to eat all that, even though normally I probably exceed it. I know many others that have this same problem, so I thought I would put this out here:
What tips do you have on creative ways to add up them calories??????

Here's a few I have used:
Avacados-top salad w/ half
almond butter with your fruit

I will add more as they come rolling in, but I would love to hear any ideas from others!!!!

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese (low-fat or fat free), almonds and skim milk are all favorite ways of mine to get some high-quality calories. Cottage cheese is great because you can do so much with it (there are cottage cheese threads on this site). Just watch the sodium on the cottage cheese -some brands can be really high. Almonds have healthy fats, and some protein. I'll drink skim milk plain, but I also like making home-made tea lattes and home-made fruit smoothies with the milk. Avacados are great, too, but you already mentioned those!
  • oAngieMaeo
    Options
    Sista! hehe

Adding sour cream to your scrambled eggs makes them super fluffy and yummy!
    Flax seed to your yogurt/smoothie
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I forgot - also whole grains like whole-grain barley, oatmeal (I like Bob's Red Mill 5 grain hot cereal) and the like are fairly calorie-dense, and the whole grains are really good for you.
  • futfurd
    futfurd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Organic peanut butter. Like avocados it has good fats, but they are fats and the calories add up quickly!
  • ccounts
    ccounts Posts: 57
    Options
    I like the Teddy unsalted natural peanut butter on a nice whole grain bread. The cottage cheese idea is great because you can mix fresh fruit or chopped veggies with it.
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    Real butter, full fat dressings, full fat mayo.

I personally have no problem at all getting my calories in. I'm quite good at it, as the size of my butt will confirm. :)
  • AnewDawn
    Options
    HAHA Buzzkitty1...that was great! I don't actually buy LF mayo or margarine, things like that....I don't believe it's any healthier for you. Obviously portion control on them is the kicker! Cottage cheese was a great idea. Picked some up at the store for a filler! Thanks everyone for ideas!
  • rrlucero
    Options
    Nuts! Great source of protein, good source of "good" fats and definitely calories are there.

The one thing I do not like about the MFP fat log, is that they are allocating way too many saturated fats and 0 for monounsaturated, which in my opinion is far better than saturated fats.

I just happened to notice that when I logged a snack of almonds.

Trail mix or protein bars are also a good source of calories, but high in carbs so not sure if you want to trade off on that.

Also, whatever you are eating now, up the portion of it as long as it stays within your zone.