Running and sinus headaches?

Options
All you fellow sinus headache sufferers...any of you guys get massive sinus headaches a couple hours after you run (especially after running outside; still happens when running inside on a treadmill)?

While I think it *could* be and probably is allergy related...I really can't take any more allergy stuff as I already have a pseudo-pharmacy of allergy meds my doctor has me on. I drink tons of water a day (I aim for 90-100oz) so I doubt it's a dehydration headache.

Just wondering if anyone else experiences this.

Replies

• marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. My doc prescribed a cortisone nasal spray Flomist, that seems to help with the worst of it. I know you don't want to take any more meds...I haven't found another solution that works for me.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I might have to ask mine about it. Thanks :)
  • mgpetillo
    Options
    I also noticed that I get a sinus headache after my run. I am guessing the air quality makes a big difference. I didn't know anyone else had this happen to them! Don't like the meds for sinus condition ( they suck the energy out of me) so I mostly take motrin and wait for it to pass..
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I also noticed that I get a sinus headache after my run. I am guessing the air quality makes a big difference. I didn't know anyone else had this happen to them! Don't like the meds for sinus condition ( they suck the energy out of me) so I mostly take motrin and wait for it to pass..

I didn't either so it's nice to see at least a couple other people with the same problem!

I used to take Excedrin but they've been off the shelf for a couple months due to that voluntary recall (so sad! and now I'm hoarding what I have left for the REALLY bad ones). Ibuprofen works well for it.
  • cancer711
    cancer711 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there- I know you posted this a while ago - but I am just now experiencing the same problem. Today I warmed up a longer amount of time and then just wanted to see if my sinuses would be bothering me - and BAM right now I am feeling it. Did anyone stop running?