Does anyone who weighs in every single day see results that

Options
I'm not trying to be negative here. I have just found that for myself personally weighing every single day got me down and out about not losing on a daily basis. And then I'd start to eat more and say "screw it" and that would be the end. Right now I'm weighing myself on Friday mornings...but today for some reason I am really really wanting to weigh myself. And I never get this way. Not sure why.
I'd just like to know if anyone out there has has weight loss success when they weigh in every single day!

Replies

• rajekred
    Options
    I'm just like you. If I weigh myself everyday, I get mad because the scale doesn't move. Plus, you have to remember that your weight fluctuates a little daily. I would say don't weigh yourself daily, if you want to do twice a week that's acceptable, but I would only record the entries from what you weigh in on Friday mornings.

Hope this helps!
    April
  • AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am like you! I can't weigh everyday because I will give up when I am not seeing the results! I just started making myself only weigh in once weekly. I am weighing in on Mondays since then it makes me watch what I eat on the weekends. This was my first full week of not looking at the scale and I was a little disappointed this morning when I only lost .8 lbs but I am trying to tell myself that at least I didn't gain and I don't have a lot to lose really so it should be coming off slow at this point! Good luck to you!
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I think that it's actually a disadvantage to weigh yourself everyday! You shouldn't be loosing weight everyday so you should expect to see anything different. Try to stick to a once a week weighing... it's hard for me too (I used to be an everyday weigher!).

Also, your body may retain more water one day than another and that can be really discouraging if find that you're heavier one day!

Just a thought!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I was weighing myself every morning for a while there. It did nothing for me. I looked at my progress over the last month, and even though the scale never seemed to be budging on a daily basis, my weight really was! So I said "phhht! Screw this!" and have now resolved myself to weigh in only 1-2 times a week (once one Friday & once in between that & the next Friday). It's just not worth the stress to do it every day.
  • krisolso
    krisolso Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every day. I found if I weighed in only once a week and it went up I would get discouraged that I did something wrong. If I weigh in more often and the scale goes up I remind myself that it could because of higher salt intake, fluid retention, or because I have been eating poorly. It helps me get back on track. The only weight that I write down is what I weigh on Sunday morning,
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every single day and have successfully lost weight. The number changes daily up 2 pounds or down. When the number is up for the day it motivates me to work harder, and even more so when it is down. I only log my weight once a week though. To me my scale is motivation and it has worked.
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I agree, I can't weigh myself everyday either. Its very discouraging for me and it could sabatoge my whole weight loss and getting healthy journey. Have enough depression in my life
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. I use my weight as motivation. If I weigh more, I'm determined to beat it. If I weigh less, I'm determined to keep it up. :smile:

You just have to be reasonable and understand that body weight fluctuates day to day. And also, what kind of logic is it to think "Oh, no, I weigh more so I'll binge eat because THAT'LL work." :huh:
  • Deweypc20
    Deweypc20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am on the other side of things. I like to weigh myself every day to keep myself on target. If I see that I gained a few pounds, after, for example, a bad weekend or a night of drinks, it keeps me motivated to get back to work to get that back down.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but that's more out of a curiosity than anything. I do it every morning under the same circumstances. The reason is that I'm fairly new to this lifestyle, and I want to know how little things affect me. For example, I eat a salty meal.... the next day my weight is up three pounds. I make a mental note about the effect of salt on my body. I don't let those numbers get me down, though.

Once a week I do my 'real' weigh-in. This is the number I record, and the number that determines if I've been succesful or not.

I think the trick is in just being aware of how weighing yourself affects you. If weighing yourself every day brings you down, don't do it! If you find it helpful, then weigh-away!
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate weighing myself. The only thing that got me to do it this time was that you can't really set up one of these computer programs like myfitnesspal without having a starting weight and a goal weight. But now I'm glad I did it and I do intend to weigh in at the same time every day. It does get discouraging when the scale shows no movement or, even worse, shows you have gained weight. But I have read many times that successful dieters do generally weigh themselves daily and do keep a food diary. So now I am trying to do both diligently.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but record it once a week. Sometimes it goes up a couple of tenths of a pound, but it goes down more times than it goes up. I like to see the daily trends, and I don't get bummed that it doesn't go down every day.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but only have an official weigh-in on Wednesdays. It depends on whether you can mentally handle the fluctuations.
  • scotch74
    scotch74 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh throughout the week because it is encouraging for me. I do know that it can go up or down due to water weight. I only jot down my weight on Sunday.
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday!
    If i weighed once a week and it was higher/same I think i'd get discouraged.
    If I weigh everyday and its higher it motivates me to do better today, and if its lower then to keep up the good work!!
    I only record my weight if its lower than it was before, so i might only lose .2 at a time but I can look over my results and see total weekly loss!

Plus if i have a "bad night" where I either eat something salty, full of carbs, or late at night, and the next day I weigh in and its high, I feel guilty and remind myself not to do it, I think if I weighed once a week then I'd think it was okay to eat like that and that i'd work it off by the next weigh in...
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I weight EVERYDAY . on two scales..
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Everyone is different when it comes to the scale. I used to weigh everyday then it went to twice a day. I could not handle the mental aspect of the scale at all. I got obsessed with it. I actually had to have my husband hide the scale from me to break me of the habit of weighing so much. I would get so discouraged and I knew it was going to fluctuate from day to day but I could not deal with it. Now I weigh once a week thats it and my husband keeps a watch on me to make sure I don't sneak and try to weigh.
  • shaleah77
    Options
    I also weigh daily. I also think it helped me to stay motivated and helps me now to stay on track.
  • no_worries
    no_worries Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after waking up in the same fashion with the scale in the same spot. Before I joined this site I was recording my food and had a log that I kept with me, small enough to fit in my tiny purse, and I saw a lot of progress weighing myself daily and recording my food and exercise. Weighing myself every morning reminded me that eating healthier foods was less work for me in the long run. I also take measurements once a week; but mine are different then the ones MFP does it, and that really drives home that I may not see a loss on the scale every morning, but changes are being made.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am on the other side of things. I like to weigh myself every day to keep myself on target. If I see that I gained a few pounds, after, for example, a bad weekend or a night of drinks, it keeps me motivated to get back to work to get that back down.

Me 2! I don't have a scale so I weigh 5 days a week when I go to the gym M-F. I have a hard time on Monday when I have had a hard weekend, but I am sore on Tuesday so I think it does help me to get a handle on myself before I get out of hand. It is easy for me to think that "it was not that bad" 3 days in a row then get on the scale and :noway: look out!

:drinker: