I never realised spinning was so hard! Or so much fun!

Options
Did my first full spinning class last night. I've tried (and bailed) before. But last night got a different instructor and jeez it was SO HARD but SO GOOD too! I felt KNACKERED but pumped also when the session was over. Going back tomorrow for more!

Replies

• GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I found it fun for like the first five sessions after that it got boring and found the burn way too intense. Glad you found a cardiovascular exercise you enjoy. :)
  • Notgivnup613
    Options
    I love Spinning. Great workout and awesome cardio!! And I agree...not the easiest...but way fun.

:smile:
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    I'm going to give this a go in a few months. Not right now, because at 207lbs I think I might literally die. But I do want to try it soon.
  • MzKameka
    MzKameka Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok, Ok, I can admit it.... I'm addicted to SPIN... Actually, I have been for over two years now. I would typically do two spin's a day one for lunch and one for dinner, literally LOL - with cardio exercise I never expected my legs to get SO defined but my saddle bags have vanished and now I've decided to give it a mini rest ~ even though I REALLY miss it ~ so I'm only spinning about 3-4x a week and lifting weights 6x a week. All I've gotta say is if you wanna try it, try it now - why are you waiting? There's a few larger ladies in some of my classes and personally, I'm so proud of them because they're there and they're not looking for the "easy way" they've gone straight to the "I'm gonna bust my a** no matter what it takes" route. This shows character. :bigsmile:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give this a go in a few months. Not right now, because at 207lbs I think I might literally die. But I do want to try it soon.

You won't die! I started spinning at 230lbs and have kept at it, mostly taking 2 classes a week. The best part about spinning is that you just do what you can do. The more you go, the easier it gets!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

There's no time like the present. I started running etc when I was 235, it was hard but the sooner you get started the sooner you start seeing (and feeling) the results.

To the OP - that's the sign of a good class / instructor, they leave you wanting more.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I wish i was addicted to spinning, haha. I've gone three times and hated each one ): just not the right exercise for me!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    For the most part I like spin but haven't been in a while. You usually have to find a really good instructor that is motivating to keep you wanting to come back.
  • jibbala
    jibbala Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to spin. Its my gym addiction. I go to different instructors classes so it doesn't get old. Ive been going for a while and I go a few times a week so I'm able to start getting crazy...like putting my tension on 7 and moving it up from there for the whole class.