What's the MOST $$ you've spent on vanity?

Options

Replies

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    $6K for boobs. Could have gotten insurance to pay for it, but there was no way I was going to have surgery to be restored to an A. Think it's kind of ridiculous to have undergone a partial mastectomy, radiation, and chemo to have the insurance company tell me that they would only restore it back to it's original size. Instead I just waited to be sure the cancer wasn't coming back and then I happily forked over the money for an awesome set of D's. :bigsmile:

Worth every penny! :wink:
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I would probably have to look at my bank statements starting from, well, the first one.
    -wtk
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    £70 on tattoos.
    £70 on shoes.
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My haircut/dye job is around 100$ but that's normal in my country.

On the other hand I've spent tens of thousands on gaming.

Edit: Oh yeah! spent around 500$ on tattoos
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    About $200 on boots. Other than that I am a pretty much a discount wh*re.
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    I have been coloring my hair since I was 15 and I am now in my 40's. That is a chunk of change. Laser hair removal, Botox. My boss tells me that I am always "beautifying". LOL Just because I am overweight doesn't mean I can't look good!
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a fairly large tattoo in 5 weeks and it's going to run me over $500. That's probably the most of I've ever spent on my physical appearance.

Second most expensive was probably my wedding dress which was like $400.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I don't even want to think of how much I have spent coloring my hair over the years. At $100 a pop I am sure it has been a pretty penny. :embarassed:
  • predent
    predent Posts: 95
    Options
    Combined I've probably spent about $400 on piercings over the years. My dermals alone were $50ea and I have four of them.
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Just dropped about $500 on gift cards for laser hair removal and teeth whitening

Also got extensions once that cost me about $1000.

I would say they are on the higher end.
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    $6K for boobs. Could have gotten insurance to pay for it, but there was no way I was going to have surgery to be restored to an A. Think it's kind of ridiculous to have undergone a partial mastectomy, radiation, and chemo to have the insurance company tell me that they would only restore it back to it's original size. Instead I just waited to be sure the cancer wasn't coming back and then I happily forked over the money for an awesome set of D's. :bigsmile:

i would have lied and said they were B or C originally. I have DDs (used to be E) and would love smaller. lol
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    $5800.00 on braces, shouldn't of fought my parents on this as a kid. Straight teeth are worth every penny.
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Probably $100+ on Brazilian Blowout for my Hair, or $150+ to get my hair highlighted.... I have splurged before on a Coach bag but that is my limit, and I bought them at the Outlet or Military Base... LOL! I watch my $$...
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    It cost more for D than A? I am surprised the price is any different based on the size of the implant. Insurance should have covered either way, that is so wrong! Hope you are healthy now?
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Probably €120 on a GHD. I've obviously spent much more on clothes, but not all at once..
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Cowboy boots

Average price about 400ish for my boots, have 3 different pairs wear boots 9 days out of 10 lol.

I rationalize the price to myself with well atleast they will last forever as long as I take care of them.
  • erinlea75
    erinlea75 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    $900 on hair extensions. And I love them. But I won't redo them this time when they are ready to come out in October. I would rather save that money to spend on new clothes when I need them.
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Invisalign Braces. If that even counts...

That counts to me because I ssssooooo want them but I'm too cheap and old.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Love my Coach purses. You don't have to be skinny to wear a cute bag.

Amen sister. My Louis Vuittons have got to be my most expensive vanity purchases. Shoes and purses will never make my *kitten* look big.

Wait--I forgot since I made payments on it, laser hair removal. I got it done on my underarms...that shiz was NOT cheap (and sweet Jesus it hurts if the numbing cream hasn't set in yet), but sooo worth not having to shave or have that 5 o'clock shadow on my armpits! Bikini area is next for sure.
  • barbie_g1rl
    Options
    £5600
    on new boobs lol ;)