30 lbs lost!

Options
Mindful_Trent
Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
So I've never posted a "success" story before, but I'm really proud of myself! As of today's weigh-in, I'm under 200 lbs for the 1st time in quite awhile (probably 5 or 6 years - not sure exactly), and I've lost a little over 30 lbs! My tickers says 31, but I've probably lost closer to 35-38 from my heaviest last summer. I really started getting serious middle to end of August 2009, so the 31 pound loss was accomplished in about 4 1/2 months. Here's some pics:

"Old" me:
Me.jpg

Current me:
Me1-8-10.jpg

The best part about all of this is that I don't feel like I've been trying that hard. Once I got a few weeks into eating healthier foods, it wasn't as much of a struggle to say no to fast food/processed foods. It's been a process - My diet has gradually gotten better and better. I'm definitely creating for myself a new lifestyle, not a temporary diet! I could eat the way I have been recently for the rest of my life! I don't feel deprived and I feel so much better about myself.

I look forward to keeping this momentum going and hopefully reaching my goal weight sometime this year. :smile:

Replies

• kathrinaaa
    Options
    GOOD JOB!
  • Bubbles2
    Bubbles2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • littlemissyme
    Options
    WELL DONE!!!!!
  • Mandee87
    Mandee87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great, but most importantly you probably are feeling great too! Keep up the good work =]
  • kym_lewis08
    Options
    Congrats!! You can definitely tell the difference!! :drinker:
  • ShellyRGarcia
    ShellyRGarcia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Your health will thank you for it down the line.....and you'll be an awesome inspiration for your future children! Keep it up :O)
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    The best part about all of this is that I don't feel like I've been trying that hard. Once I got a few weeks into eating healthier foods, it wasn't as much of a struggle to say no to fast food/processed foods. It's been a process - My diet has gradually gotten better and better. I'm definitely creating for myself a new lifestyle, not a temporary diet! I could eat the way I have been recently for the rest of my life! I don't feel deprived and I feel so much better about myself.
    I look forward to keeping this momentum going and hopefully reaching my goal weight sometime this year. :smile:

That is awesome! Looks like you found a groove that you can stick to and get to your goal. :happy:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on getting to One-derland!!! I hear it is BEAUTIFUL there!!:laugh: Hopefully I will be moving into that neighborhood by the end of the month.
    It definitely is a Lifestyle, made up of many small changes that you can live with forever. Like you, once I started eating better I have found that I don't even want the greasy fast food most of the time either. The only exception is Pizza. I just can NOT eat Pizza without going BONKERS and eating way too many pieces.:noway: At least I do limit it to very thin crusts and/or Spinach Pizza at Cici's
    You are looking good and I know you are feeling MUCH better, Keep up the good work:drinker:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I just recently got into the 100s again myself, so I know you must be excited! Keep up the great work, you're doing a wonderful job!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thats awsome, keep up the good work, its really nice when someone notices, makes me even more motivated, that and my clothes getting looser. :happy:
  • tvgal
    tvgal Posts: 87
    Options
    WOW! nice job! look how thin your face is!!!!!!!!
  • sparkler2112
    sparkler2112 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Barbina37
    Barbina37 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thats Awesome ~ Way to Go!!
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Good Job........30 pounds makes a huge difference!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Wow!! That is amazing that you were able to accomplish that much in 4 1/2 months.:noway: Very impressive! Keep at it! :drinker:
  • SHARMESA
    SHARMESA Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :happy: way to go. you look great!!!!!
  • InIt2WinIt
    Options
    My goodness, I thought I was looking at a 13 yr old in that Aug 2009 pic & I mean that in a good way! :tongue: What an awesome job...way to go!!!!
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!!! You look GREAT!!!!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your encouragement! I'm so glad I found this site. I admit I'm a bit obsessed with MFP, but it keeps me on track.

InIt2WinIt - :laugh: Yeah, people tend to think I'm a lot younger than I really am. Guess I should be glad, but when you're still getting ID'd for R-rated movies in your mid-20s, it gets a bit annoying. :tongue:
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Wow, the transformation is AMAZING! YOu look great. Congratulations on your success, and I am wishing you much, much more success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!