Sneakers - outdoor walking & zumba

Options
Kerri_is_so_very
Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
Please tell me your favorite shoe for walking fast (4.0 + mph) avg 15 miles/week and also for Zumba & Other indoor fitness. I am buying 2 different pairs. I put so many miles on my outdoor ones that I've worn out 2 different pairs in the last 6 months. And my indoor ones didn't hold up well either as far as the tread. No leather shoes please...I need air! :) Thanks!!!

Replies

• meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    most running stores (fleet feet comes to mind), will fit you for a shoe for your lifestyle and activty preference. I would hit up a place like hat and get a good walking shoe for your foot type. As far as zumba, I really don't know.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I wear Ryka Transitions and Ryka Transpires. I did a bunch of research on shoes before chosing these two pairs. They both are working great for walking and Zumba.

Hope you find some you like.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I work daycare and am on my feet all day there working with babies, I do Zumba 3 times a week, I walk/run outside the rest the week. I have one pair of shoes I wear for all 3, it's 'sketchers work'. They are so comfortable and are made for being on you feet all day, I bought them about 5-6 months ago and are still going strong.
  • reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    Options
    Pearl Izumis! Best walking shoes I've ever owned.
  • rok2run
    rok2run Posts: 17
    Options
    Running shoes & Zumba shoes should be different-- a good running shoe is built for heel to toe comfort & support; zumba shoes are built for side-to-side movement.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Running shoes & Zumba shoes should be different-- a good running shoe is built for heel to toe comfort & support; zumba shoes are built for side-to-side movement.

This exactly!!! I busted through 2 pairs of Rykas. And the tread was not ideal for the movements w/ zumba. And the other tread was simply not aggressive enough for the amount of walking I do. So I really need suggestions for each activity. I have found one shoe does not do it all.
  • AmyLarrimore
    Options
    I'm a minimalist shoe kinda gal who has kinda wide feet, so I love brands like Innov-8 and Merrell Barefoot. When I run/walk I wear Innov-8 Road-X Lite 155. They are VERY breathable and have little to no structure. They are extremely comfortable to me but the sole is a softer EVA rubber so you might wear through them quickly at your mileage; but there are many other Innov-8 models such as the F-Lite 195 that have a tougher sole and are very popular with minimalist runners, as wells as, Zumba and Crossfit enthusiasts because of their low profile. I hike in a pair of Merrell Bare Access shoes, which are a very breathable minimalist shoe with a tough sole. Merrell also has several shoes in their Barefoot line that are popular with Crossfit folks. Just a note of caution, if you are not into minimalist shoes, you may need to transition into these.