Reward System????

Options

Replies

• hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It's really hard not rewarding myself with food, which is why I was looking for ideas. Back in the day, I used to reward myself with chocolate or sweets...that's how I got to be 327 lbs....not a good plan.

My first major goal is a place that we larger people like to call "onderland". When I hit 199, I will reward myself with a pair of Louboutins. I will have lost 128 lbs, so it is well worth it!

When I hit goal, 139 lbs, and maintain it for a few months, I will reward myself with plastic surgery....shocking admission. Try to lose 188 lbs and not have extra skin! I will reward myself with a new body.

Heather
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I reward myself for hitting exercise goals by getting more music for my iPod. It's a circular thing, because I wouldn't walk nearly as much without the music!
  • caitdev
    caitdev Posts: 10
    Options
    I hadn't set any reward system up, but reading through these posts have been interesting. I'll devote my time on the treadmill today to thinking about it.
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It's really hard not rewarding myself with food, which is why I was looking for ideas. Back in the day, I used to reward myself with chocolate or sweets...that's how I got to be 327 lbs....not a good plan.

My first major goal is a place that we larger people like to call "onderland". When I hit 199, I will reward myself with a pair of Louboutins. I will have lost 128 lbs, so it is well worth it!

When I hit goal, 139 lbs, and maintain it for a few months, I will reward myself with plastic surgery....shocking admission. Try to lose 188 lbs and not have extra skin! I will reward myself with a new body.

Heather
    LOLOL

I Cannot reward myself with shoes because that means I have to wait and miss some great deals whenever saks has its semi annual sales. One thing about Louboutin’s , if you buy heels, they usually are mighty uncomfortable. The most comfortable ones are Jimmy Choo and Giuseppe Zanotti.
    Love shoes too much to consider them as a reward
    :flowerforyou:
  • krom862
    krom862 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    First of all, you are not shallow or materialistic. Don't let others make you feel like that - you are working hard, and there is nothing wrong with rewarding yourself however you want :-)
    Interesting post though, b/c I was thinking about this the other day, and when I hit 15 lbs, I realized that my normal reward prior to starting this journey was always food. Let's celebrate and get an ice cream cone, or a special dinner, or a donut(s), etc. Now, although I still have a long way to go, I have a different mindset, and am trying to come up with some ideas of my own. I know first and foremost, I am buying new tennis shoes today! New clothes are probably going to be around 40-50 lbs lost, but beyond that, not sure yet.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    yes yes health and feeling good are their own rewards, but, some of us have been so used to rewarding ourselves with food, It doesn't hurt to find new ways to pamper and reward ourselves. The "feeling good" is my every day reward, but these days when I feel like I deserve something extra for my hard work, I buy nail polish. Not only does it have an indulgent and "prettiness" appeal, it also gives me an activity that busies my hands for a while, instead of reaching for a snack. A dual purpose reward!
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    I don't really feel the need to give myself rewards. Feeling and looking better is doing it for me. That said, I have been keeping the idea of buying myself flowers in the back of my head...I love fresh cut flowers, but it just seems like such an expensive, unnecessary luxury (and therefore would be the perfect treat). Just from the grocery store would be fine with me.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I haven't met any of my goals yet. I haven't thought about it much. But I do sometimes reward myself with a sweet treat on days that I burn more calories. My first goal is to wear a size 22W again. I will buy myself a new outfit when I reach it. (maybe) Then again, fitting into some of my old clothes will be a major reward all by itself. I am horrible at creating short-term goals. (Maybe that's why I sometimes give up when I don't reach them>..<)
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options

Heather

Well, you go girl!! You deserve rewarding yourself with items!! I haven't done that much so seeing myself in a bikini this summer & not wanting to cover myself every minute was pretty rewarding to me. You keep up the great work & enjoy the new body with some new items as a reward for all of your dedication!! :wink:
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I did the charms for my bracelet and each one represents half a stone loss.

I also decided to do something for others. I bought food that weighed the amount I had lost,was 39lb at that time, and I took a photo of it all to remind me and I donated it to a charity that supports the homeless.(Salvation Army). It was a real feel good, look what I have achived moment. I really need to do it again soon as I have lost 75lb now!
  • CEQuick75
    CEQuick75 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have not set any rewards or short term goals. I keep thinking I'll get a nice big tattoo when I reach my ultimate goal (maybe on my back since I'll be able to go around without a shirt and actually show it off!). Until then, my rewards are self gratification :)
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    When I made it to my halfway point, I booked a cruise!
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    When I reach my half way point I am getting a pair of Louboutin shoes

and

when I hit my BIG goal, I am going on a cruise to the bahamas in a HOT bikini...
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Honestly, my health, how I feel & look are the only 'rewards' I was looking for and need(ed). True story.

This ^^^^^

It barely been over a month since I started, and I already feel so wonderful compared to how I felt. I lost several inches in size and feel like I am finally on my way to reversing a very bad trend I set about 15 years ago. Feeling good and looking good is the real reward. But guilt-free chocolate/beer is nice too. :bigsmile: :drinker: :smokin:
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My other half has bought a pandora braclet and is getting a new bead every half stone (7lb) when she reaches maintainance she plans to get a new bead every 3 months she maintains

When I was at my heaviest, I couldn't even wear a bracelet! A standard 7" would cut into my wrist :-(
    But now that I can wear them, I ***LOVE*** this idea!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Well I should probably have mini goals set up along the way... but when I get to my goal weight I will have my friend who is a seamstress custom make me a Jessica Rabbit style gown... and wear it on a Cruise! Either to the Greek Isles or Brazil I think as my reward
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I also decided to do something for others. I bought food that weighed the amount I had lost,was 39lb at that time, and I took a photo of it all to remind me and I donated it to a charity that supports the homeless.(Salvation Army). It was a real feel good, look what I have achived moment. I really need to do it again soon as I have lost 75lb now!

That's awesome! Great attitude and service to your neighbors in need. :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

I LOVE this idea! Buying food that weighs the same amount as the amount lost to donate to a food bank! THANK YOU!!! this is perfect!
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Can I also say that carrying the bags of food was a real eye opener. I said to about 10 different people that day that I used to carry that weight around on my body and I could barely lift it. Really made me realise the damage I done so carelessly to my body.
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

This is a great idea....I will do this as well...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!