does anyone use Body by vi

Options

Replies

• Jehsakah22
    Options
    I use it and I like it. People b**** on these thread about how it is an "easy way out." Not really. I am getting the same amount of calories in that I would have anyways? I work my *kitten* off at the gym and at home. I'm doing the exact same thing as you. An "easy way out" in my opinion is taking a shake/pill or whatever it may be and still eating way over/under your calories and eating junk 24/7 and expecting it to make you lose weight.

If you do it just make sure you still hit your calorie goal, workout, and drink lots of water(:

Do what works for you. Don't bash something that is clearly working for others.

Thank you!!

Agree!! I have lost 28lbs and 14 inches using Body By Vi and it's what works for me I DO excercise and make sure to watch what I'm eating, and drink water BUT I couldn't do it without these shakes, they are the only thing that keeps me full so I don't snack like crazy which is MY weakness... BUT I agree with the above statement, do what works for you... as far as the price if you average it out it's about 25 bucks a week, and I know I was spending at least 80 a month on breakfast alone for regular food... this way I spend 100 on breakfast and lunch a month, a HUGE savings for me!!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 using Body By Vi and have lost 4 lbs. I replace my breakfast and dinner with the shake, and either drink it plain (2 scoops + 8oz fat free milk) and sometimes I add the flavor packets. I eat my sensible lunch, and have a plenty of snacks throughout the day. I've yet to come across a place that tells you EXACTLY how to use the shake (i.e. the number of snacks to eat, how many calories your sensible meal should be, etc). I don't know if I'll continue once my 30 day supply is gone. I might venture out and try a different type of protein shake.
    All in all, the shake is very good, very easy to make (since I don't add anything extra), and I'm not starving.

How many calories total do you have net at the end of the day on Body bi Vi?
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in Multi Level Marketing products purely because they are generally overpriced and often marketed to people as a way to make money more than to be healthy. Body by Vi seems to be similar. If someone is willing to spend the money, that is up to them but your local GNC or Whole Foods would probably have better options.
  • adnol_2
    adnol_2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a while. I thought the shakes were delicious but I found it very expensive. Besides I want to lose the weight by eating less not by living on a protein drink for the rest of my life.
  • DeeMcG11
    DeeMcG11 Posts: 21
    Options
    I used it and it worked. I took a break from it to eat "real food" for awhile and joined MFP. I am going to start BBV again but while using MFP, so I can keep track of other calories and learn portion control at my one meal a day.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I suggest you take thoughts from people who have used it. Those saying its completly useless, have most likely never tried it, or were not dedicated to it.

Ill start by saying, NO i do NOT sell the stuff.

Second, if you would like to contact me (not because i sell it, but because i have a blog & have posted about it) I can give you the link to my blog and you can read on it.

I started about 5 weeks ago and im just under losing 20 pounds. I am off my medication for crohns disease and have cut down my anxiety meds. I also have a lot less cronic pain. I recently started my daughter on the shakes also. She is 15 and has ADHD and Autism (Aspergers) as well as a heart condition. She has been on heart meds since she was 4 years old, and our goal is to have her medicine free, with the help of BBV by her 18th birthday. If it works that way for her, great, if not.. thats okay too, but knowing shes getting the amazing nutrition is enough for me. Its not JUST about losing weight.. (and they DO tell you that you will get much better results with exercise & calorie counting) but its about getting healthier. GREAT for picky eaters! =)

Do you have any resources that have any findings that these shakes "cure" heart conditions? ADHD? Aspergers Syndrome? How do they affect these conditions? I'm curious.
  • Pmcfeeters
    Options
    I've been using it a few months now and between that and working out I have lost 45 pounds. There have not been many times at all that I have felt hungry while using it.

Also it is not a protein shake. If you want protein only go get something else. However protein powders are often lacking in vitamins and minerals and that is why they are not meal replacements.

Also for the people getting pissy about taking the easy way out. Sorry I don't have unlimited time and money for whatever you consider real food, but I'm happy to be losing weight while you all seem really bitter. You do what works for you and I'll do what works for me. But thanks for adding nothing to the discussion.

For those who say you get stuck or addicted. I'm fine with that. When I was trying to eat healthy using "real food" I would often find myself consuming too many calories to actually lose any weight unless I worked out like crazy. Now I and dropping weight no problem and not having any real cravings so for once I am not concerned about what happens when I try to keep it off.

Also if you want to buy it don't get a hold of me. I made it very clear when I signed up that I am not going to sell it. They were fine with that.
  • sw0301
    sw0301 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    ‎90 day challenge:

Eat NATURAL & healthy foods, stay within your calorie limits, and drink WATER.
    Workout 5-6 days a week.
    After 90 days...what do you think will happen?

If you'd like to pay me for this info you can mail me a check. :)
    Ill use it to purchase a new car.

Personally, I'd rather have real food. Or make my own natural smoothie's, yum! & I would much rather spend my money on fresh fruits & veggies.

Also, there have been numerous studies that show that a lot of children these days have behavior disorders due to poor nutrition, processed foods - preservatives & artificial sweeteners. This also comes from experience, I was one of those children!
  • Pmcfeeters
    Options
    Also for the people that are complaining about the cost. My wife and I are both on it for breakfast and lunch. That's around 120 meals a month. I pay around $160 a month for the shakes and about $14 per month for milk. That comes up to $1.45 per meal. If you are eating breakfast and lunch for less than an average of $1.45 per meal then put the ramen down.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    DISCLAIMER: I do sell it.

Now, why did I join? First off, this is not for everyone. For those that cook their own food and know how to eat and what to eat, chances are...this may not be for you. BUT, I joined because I teach Zumba and I have a lot of women in my class. They are all busy women. Sometimes they do not eat breakfast or they eat out A LOT. They are not eating right.

I figured that this is a product that can help them. it is not a magic pill....but it is a better option than not eating breakfast or pulling into McDonalds for a mcmuffin. Atleast they can throw in milk + 2 scoops, shake it up and head off to work or take the kids to school. I feel that this is an easy healthy option for a lot of people.

Also, they do auto ship and honestly, I was not so keen on that. BUT, when I realized that you can get your product for free (3 for free)...I understood why you have your own page. Also, with your own page, you can change your kits, change your auto ship day, you can even cancel. You can upload your stats and picture for the 90 day challenge to keep track of your progress.

And with you having your own page, if three of your friends order under your page, your product is free. I never received anything free from Walmart, Body Fortress, Atkins Bars, Boca Burgers, Virgin coconut oil....these are all things that I have referred people to.

And, if you do order under someone, you do join that team. And the team that I am on is pretty cool. We have our own support group and I like that too. I am not alone. And the girls that sign under me, they have me. I am going to help them with every aspect of their health and diet. I just don't say thanks for ordering and then move n....I am there for them because they are my girls!!!

Now, is Body By Vi for everyone? Nope. But it is great for a lot of people. And if using Body By Vi gets people thinking more about their diet and what they are eating and calories...I think that is great.

AND MLM....I am not that concerned about that either. I go to Mary Kay, Avon, Jewelry, Adult parties....those are all MLM and yet offer great products and offers a way for women to earn a little extra money to help their families out. As long as you go into the MLM knowing everything, I just do not see the harm.
  • Iceman1800
    Iceman1800 Posts: 476
    Options
    Huge scam! Nothing but overpriced protein drinks. You know why it works for some people? Because they are paying attention to what they ingest while on it. If you want to waste tons of money, buy it. Otherwise some research on the web can yield the same results.
  • Pmcfeeters
    Options
    Also this is pretty funny to me. I don't read the forums often, but I have looked at a few posts. If I posted "Well I never leave my couch and eat pizza all day, I don't know why I'm not losing weight." I would get 6 pages of support messages.

Post that you are considering meal replacement shake options and you are a lazy rip off artist.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 using Body By Vi and have lost 4 lbs. I replace my breakfast and dinner with the shake, and either drink it plain (2 scoops + 8oz fat free milk) and sometimes I add the flavor packets. I eat my sensible lunch, and have a plenty of snacks throughout the day. I've yet to come across a place that tells you EXACTLY how to use the shake (i.e. the number of snacks to eat, how many calories your sensible meal should be, etc). I don't know if I'll continue once my 30 day supply is gone. I might venture out and try a different type of protein shake.
    All in all, the shake is very good, very easy to make (since I don't add anything extra), and I'm not starving.

Why won't anyone answer this?
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I'm still not getting a reply about the use of these shakes to treat heart conditions, ADHD and Asperger's Syndrome. If there is not research to back this up then this is highly inappropriate to tell people that you are treating your 15 year old daughter with these shakes to get her off her meds. People that have children with these conditions are always looking for a way to help their children and unless you have proof, you are being irresponsible - at the least. But then, you didn't answer this did you?

If you want to use these shakes for weight loss - you're an adult. Do it. Losing is everyone's individual challenge. I would never tell them to not do this - I have no knowledge about it at all. Telling people you are treating your children's diseases is another thing entirely.
  • Pmcfeeters
    Options

I end the day between 1,200 and 1,500 calories most days. Most days closer to 1,200. Last night I took my daughters out for pizza and ended just under 1,500.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options

This is all individual. Just like on here, we are not all eating the same amount of calories. I created a group on facebook so my girls can find out their BMR and their TDEE....then we work from there. I help them with their macros.

SO, I will use myself. I use these are after workout shake and afternoon snack. I eat around 1500-1800 calories per day. Just depends on how many classes I teach that day. Sometimes my shake is 180 calories and other times it is around 240.

But, you could easily do shake for breakfast with skim milk 180 calories
    200 calorie snack (protein/carb balanced)
    Shake for lunch 180 calories
    200 calorie afternoon snack
    then you would have a little more freedom with your dinner. Make sure you dinner is healthy with protein and carbs.

Sometimes I drink my shakes plain and other times I add Greek Yogurt and three strawberries. BUT, I count those calories/carbs/protein too.

I want to add, I am not sure how other promoters educate their customers....but I am not just going to sell the shakes and then let them go. I truly want my girls to lose weight and get healthy. AND, if they learn how to eat properly and no longer use the shakes, I am happy with that!!! For me it is a bigger picture in life, changing bad habits and getting healthy...not a crash diet.
  • doinme2011
    doinme2011 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If I were drinking 2 shakes a day and one meal, I would lose weight really fast also! You can't fix something fast and expect it to stick. what happens when you stop drinking the shakes and go back to eating regular foods?! Just saying. Just think about it. This weight thing is not about a fast fix, it is about a lifestyle change. watch your portions, watch what you eat, and exercise. remember that moderation is the key. good luck on your journey!
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Also this is pretty funny to me. I don't read the forums often, but I have looked at a few posts. If I posted "Well I never leave my couch and eat pizza all day, I don't know why I'm not losing weight." I would get 6 pages of support messages.

Post that you are considering meal replacement shake options and you are a lazy rip off artist.

Not true. I personally use a meal replacement shake but I'm very picky and those that would like something like Body by Vi shakes, there are cheaper options.

I eat soy, I have nothing against soy but I don't think soy protein isolate is the best thing to eat. Also Whey is cheap protein, which is something they also use in their shakes. If you want vitamins, take a vitamin pill or buy a shake that has vitamins added. There is no magic to a meal replacement that has vitamins in it, they just added it for you.

Again, if you want a meal replacement, there are high quality items out there and there are low quality items out there. Body by VI ingredients seem to mesh more with the low quality items and for those, you can find cheaper options.
  • hjackson1226
    hjackson1226 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

I only drink one shake a day for breakfast. I am ONLY doing this for the nutrient content and the Tri-Sorb protein blend. I am NOT drinking the shakes for magic weightloss or some other random scheme that many have mentioned. I do it because I feel better and I know I am getting nutrition that I would be lacking in simply a bowl of oatmeal or a piece of peanut butter toast. I had gastric bypass 8 years ago and do not absorb all of the nutrients from my food, nor can I eat large amounts of any given food at a time. So, that being said, to answer your question, I eat between 1750 and 1800 calories per day total. I have a shake for breakfast that averages 280-300 calories (since I add stuff to it besides milk), a sensible lunch and dinner. I will also have snacks in between IF I feel hungry or want them. My snacks are usually light string cheese or some light popcorn.

Each person is different and some do go a bit extreme and have 2 200 calorie shakes a day and only one meal around 300 calories which clearly is not enough food. Thus, resulting in weight gain at some point. I think the understanding of how the shakes should be used is on the shoulders of the promoter who sells it to you. If they make you think you cannot eat, you have beem misinformed. That is why I was against trying it for so long, every rep that talked to me made me think I HAD to replace two meals a day and only eat one reasonable meal a day. Upon much research and talking to more than one rep that actually told me how to make this work for me and that it was okay to only have one shake per day, I decided to give it a try.
  • toberdawg
    Options
    I have been using BBV for 1 month. I do not sell it, I order from Amazon.

So far I have lost 14lbs. I am happy with this product.

I like it because I have a very busy lifestyle. I am a L.V.T. at a emergency veterinary facility. I can be called in at any time, work shifts that are anywhere from 12-24 hours long and typically work 40-70hrs per week

.Before BBV I was ordering delivery daily and frequently missing meals. I find that the shakes are fast, easy and convenient. They are way more healthy than pizza, McDonalds ot KFC.

Also, "stress eating" is HUGE where I work. At least once per week we gorge ourselves on meals and snaks that easily reach 1500 calories. Just because we are going at such a fast pace all day/night nobody gets a chance to eat. Because of the stress we to make us feel better. SInce BBV I do not binge with the rest of them.

I find that because I am spending $80 per month on these shakes, I eat healthier for my daily meal. Instead of snaking on Dominoes bread bites I want an apple, or celery.

So, I guess the major appeal of the shake is that it allows me to eat and feel satisfied without the excess calories. It fits well into my fast and furious lifestyle.