Options
    *high five*
  • siriusalien
    Options
    Then I'm an expert- easy 4 lbs weight gain if I over indulge
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    yep, water-weight/bloat (i went up 6lbs on a real nasty binge, once.. the next day i was down 7lbs. ended up as a weight loss since i was depriving my body too much, hence why i binged)
  • VickyClare75
    Options
    I know I said I was gonna wait but I just had to get on the scales this morning and I'm so chuffed that I've lost 3lbs.

xx Vicky xx
  • siriusalien
    Options
    Not sure mine is water weight then: Only 1 lbs lost today
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Our bodies fluctuate constantly. They don't care that our brains fixate on the numbers.

It's annoying but it's a fact of life.
  • Ivarivdnoe
    Ivarivdnoe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I so totally know how you feel! I Weighed on a Wednesday and then again on Saturday and was 7lbs heavier, but I was ending mtotm. but i weighed again after 2 days and was 2lbs lighter than when I started.
  • Rmazula
    Rmazula Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This helps me out too. I gained a little over 1 lb and was very miffed and not happy :(

Will drinking water help my weight go down because I know I don't drink enough.
  • VickyClare75
    Options
    Ive been drinking my water (only since yesterday) I dont normally drink plain water though I know I should. Maybe this has helped my get the weight off and a bit more?
  • wanda601
    wanda601 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well, I've been tracking EVERY BITE that has gone into my mouth and done the necessary activity/exercise and still gained. However, I'm under a LOT of stress right now as hubby doesn't exactly have a job this fall; so I'm thinking maybe the nasty cortisol giant is messing me up.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Definitely don't drink sea water though.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Take a dump.
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time! I can be perfect ALL week ... 6 days of cardio and then I get thin crust veggie pizza. I don't know if it's the carbs, the sodium or what but if I eat a couple pieces, that's it. 2 pounds up and it takes several days to get rid of it .... ugghhh! Good luck and just keep plugging away!
  • bet3120
    bet3120 Posts: 125
    Options
    that happens, but the best to chek in your weight is doing first in the morning before breakfast.

i'm twice in the week monday and friday always in the morning.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    If you consumed 7000 calories over your TDEE then it was, indeed, quite a day. I'd wager your "blow out" consisted of a fair amount of sodium and/or alcohol and you are holding more water than typical.

Yep!
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i check daily to graph my weight, because that helps me see the real trend personally. Especially because my "official" day is monday, which is when I'm more likely to not see much improvement. Anyways doing this has showed me what kind of fluctuation is normal, and 2 pounds is definitely normal. You didn't gain 2 pounds over night.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    carb bloat..water weight...too much sodium. get back on track and it will drop in no time
  • mayertim
    Options
    Hey, guys, don't take anything under 3-5 pounds to heart. Maybe make a mental note of it, other than that, move on!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have splurge days that can up the scale a good 5-10 lbs. but it is more water retention than anything and after a couple days and my 150 oz. of water a day it flushes right out,.... Don't sweat it...... Best of Luck
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    This JUST happened to me actually. I have been eating a TON of hummus this week, which is healthy but quite high in sodium. I've also been drinking more than my 1-2/night. I also have been under a LOT of stress, not sleeping well, only getting 5 hrs a night with 16 hr days, doing Insanity and throwing in 3 days of spin on top of that. PLUS TOM!

Needless to say, jumped on the scale 5lbs up!

Its a LOT of factors- mine is high sodium food, stress, alcohol, not enough sleep, water retention from working out and TOM. Point being- keep at it! It will drop and plus some :-) The body is a complicated thing and just know what you're doing works!