Carry-in at work! WHAT DO I BRING?!

Options
In my three years of working in this office, we're having our very first carry-in tomorrow. Of course, I want to bring something I can eat and not feel too guilty about, but I'd also like to impress, while I'm at it, not break my very-tightly-almost-over-extended budget. They're asking for appetizer/ hors d'oeuvres instead of heavy meal-type dishes. So give me some ideas... what should I bring?! What's your go-to carry-in dish that everyone raves about? Or one that you've been waiting to try?

Replies

• NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    try getting some melba toast and top with low fat cream cheeses, veggies, fruits , stuff like that. It's always a hit where I'm at!!!
  • olliethecat
    olliethecat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Why not make the following dip - Take a tub of extra light philidelphia cheese( any flavour, sweet chilli is really nice) ) and mix with 1/2 a tub fat free creme fraiche or fat free natural yoghurt . Have vegetable crudites of peppers, cucumber, carrots, celery and radishes for dipping, delicious and really low in calories. This always goes down well at parties and get togethers. :smile:
  • xoyasminxo
    xoyasminxo Posts: 132
    Options
    veggie tray!