HELP!!!

Options
I have been working out 6 days a week. Today is my weigh in day and I did not lose any weight. What am I doing wrong. I feel like giving up :-( I have been burning at-least 100cal on each day at the gym by doing cardio and some weight training.

Replies

• ChrissieNer
    ChrissieNer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Don't worry - you are doing great! You are building muscle mass which weighs more than fat. So you might not see results on the scale, but you will in how your clothes fit. Keep it up - your workout motivation inspires me! As soon as I get the medical green light to work out more - I'm going for it!! BTW - I noticed you ate ramen for lunch yesterday - that stuff has a TON of sodium and will definitely effect weigh-in so keep it low sodium the day or 2 before your next one! Good luck. :)
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on that six-day-a-week schedule? How long has it been since you lost weight? If it hasn't been long, then you simply have to be patient. Your body doesn't run on the same timeline your mind does; what seems like an eternity to us can be nothing to a body capable of living a hundred years.

In the end, why would you give up? Is giving up going to make you lose weight? Is giving up going to make you stronger? Is giving up going to get you any closer to any goal in life? Keep going and you'll get there. Even when you're discouraged and it seems impossible, trying at least gives you a chance. Giving up means you have zero chance at success. It's simply not an option.
  • reneecorrell
    Options
    I need encouragement also. I have been swimming or riding my bike 5-6 days/week, and staying way under my calorie allotment. I have not lost anything...don't even notice that my clothes are fitting better. I wonder if I should be eating back the calories I earn from exercise, but it is hard (mind set). HELP!
  • lg3703
    lg3703 Posts: 190
    Options
    The same thing was happening to me. 12 pounds in 6 months!! I've learned not all calories are equal. I now shop the perimeter of the store. Fresh foods, meat, dairy ... NOTHING boxed or canned. I just added weight training a month ago and while scale stayed the same - my clothes have not! I wore two things this week I could'nt get into one month ago! Good luck!
  • trisha671
    Options
    Thank you it really means a lot to me :-) Your right I wont eat that anymore.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    You arent pushing yourself hard enough. Its not about how much time you spend at the gym - its about what you do there. Aim for several hundred calories burned on 3 days a week instead of 100 on 6 days.

100 is not enough, thats less calories than half a bottle of soda.
  • shawnteldardenyahoocom374
    Options
    Feel free to add me y'all