High Fruit Diets

Options

Replies

• jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I eat dark chocolatr 88% cacao everyday. It's very bitter but I love it. You can add dried fruit to sweeten the taste, also throw in some almonds for extra protein
  • Music4Hym777
    Music4Hym777 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Your diet looks really good, actually! I think you probably need a bit more protein. Are you a vegan?

Edit: Answered my question while was typing...I would try to get a good vegan protein powder, getting the protein up will really help.

Yes, I am debating protein powders right now. I know I need to get one, but I am probably the pickiest person in the world when it comes to protein powders. Prior to really becoming allergic to dairy, I used Designer Whey Natural. So I am hoping to find a soy or hemp or rice protein powder that tastes similar that I can blend in my morning smoothies.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    some people complain about tooth problems, hair loss...ect but as long as its not an all fruit you should be fine
  • Music4Hym777
    Options
    I eat dark chocolatr 88% cacao everyday. It's very bitter but I love it. You can add dried fruit to sweeten the taste, also throw in some almonds for extra protein

If I do eat chocolate, it is typically something right around the 80% mark (give or take a few percent). I dont eat chocolate too often, mostly one week a month (sorry if TMI)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yum fruit. I used to grow blueberries. I had to pick them everyday. And I had so many. I was eating the equivalent of a store bought container full daily (just for a few months during the summer). I would also freeze them for later. My kids called them nature's candy.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I love fresh fruit, I eat lots every day, no ill effects here.
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Music/ I think it's fantastic that you eat fruit! I don't think you're eating too much.
  • Music4Hym777
    Options
    Music/ I think it's fantastic that you eat fruit! I don't think you're eating too much.

Thanks, Jawheb. I just am frustrated with my pants not fitting the way that they did not too long ago, but it very well could be the processed foods I was eating for a month or so.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I don't see any tofu, tempeh, vegan meat substitutes in your diary- Maybe try some of them. I'm not the biggest fan of tofu, but I love tempeh! Quinoa has some protein, too.

I see you like burritos- maybe some more beans? Beans and Quinoa make a pretty good meal or burrito filling- I'm not a vegan, but I always keep a prepped container of black beans in the fridge to throw in to meals.
  • xoyasminxo
    xoyasminxo Posts: 132
    Options
    I eat a lot of fruit. I just would never do a high fruit diet because there is a lot of sugar in fruit. It is ok because of the fiber in fruit, but I don't want more than 30g of sugar a day, including fruit.
  • Music4Hym777
    Options
    I don't see any tofu, tempeh, vegan meat substitutes in your diary- Maybe try some of them. I'm not the biggest fan of tofu, but I love tempeh! Quinoa has some protein, too.

I see you like burritos- maybe some more beans? Beans and Quinoa make a pretty good meal or burrito filling- I'm not a vegan, but I always keep a prepped container of black beans in the fridge to throw in to meals.

Tofu, tempeh, and meat substitutes are all processed foods that I usually try to avoid. You can see that I get quite a bit of my protein from black beans and they are in ever burrito that I make.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Lots of fruit and veggies were instrumental in my getting to goal weight and now staying there. Whenever I'm really hungry, I reach for a Fuji apple. It's tastes incredible (much more delicious than a Delicious apple) and the fiber completely knocks out my hunger.

People who avoid fruit because of the sugar content are a bit myopic, in my opinion. Fresh fruits have an abundance of vitamins and minerals (and fiber) that are essential to good health. Yup, you can get the same nutrition from vegetables (with lower sugar and cals) but most people prefer fruits over veggies.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Tofu, tempeh, and meat substitutes are all processed foods that I usually try to avoid. You can see that I get quite a bit of my protein from black beans and they are in ever burrito that I make.

I get that. Maybe reconsider tempeh at least- its really not "that" processed comparatively, its just fermented soybeans.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I met a fruitarian at a vegetarian pot luck last month.

He eats 25lbs of fruit everyday and ONLY fruit. He has been eating like this for 3 years.

My observations:
    - he has advanced teeth decay (possibly from the sugar in the fruit?)
    - his skin is pale, pale yellowish color (for a caucasian)
    - He is 24 but looks 35
  • mhouston2011
    Options

He eats 25lbs of fruit everyday and ONLY fruit. He has been eating like this for 3 years.

My observations:
    - He is 24 but looks 35

Anyone that eats 25 pounds of day of any particular food is on the extreme. Don't worry about tooth decay if you eat normal amounts of fruit everyday and have a good dental hygeine program.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I love fruit but I also think eating too much fruit has been one of my biggest downfall. I'm a bit bummed that I cut down to 2-3 servings per day but I know that is the best thing for me at the moment. I was constantly snacking on fruit but also taking in too many calories due to it.

Also in regards to tofu, it isn't really heavily processed. You could even make your own at home if you wanted with soy beans. I like tofu and try to incorporate a few servings per week. I used to make my own soy milk at home from soy beans but then my machine broke. I could still make it on the stove but it isn't as easy :)

Also, beans are great. Roasted chickpeas are a great snack but you could also try things like roasted soy beans if you wanted something with a bit more protein.
  • islandgirl1984
    islandgirl1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fruit, especially watermelon, bananas, and blueberries. They curb my cravings for baked desserts. My mom was always baking sweets and treats so I've had to train myself to not crave them. So far so good.
  • xoyasminxo
    xoyasminxo Posts: 132
    Options

My observations:
    - He is 24 but looks 35

That is going a little overboard.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I enjoy fruit and eat quite a bit of it, but there are times when my body just doesn't want fruit - I just feel like I've had too much sweetness or too much acid or something, and so I will eat nothing sweet for a day or two. And then I like it again.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    That is what I am hoping for, but I am trying to figure out if it is the fructose in the fruit or my poor diet over the past few weeks (before geting back on here) that is causing me to feel that I am gaining.

So it's not fresh fruit then? I only eat fresh or dried fruit.

Watch the dried fruit. It contains a lot of added sugars