Insanity Question

What would you do in my situation? I'm currently in the second month (week 7) and just came down with a sinus infection and had to skip the workout yesterday and today. I'm planning to start back up tomorrow...hopefully. Do you recommend I start where I left off or just skip those two workouts? I'm asking because I still want my rest day to be on Sunday. Thanks!!

Replies

• kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    I would just start where you left off and keep going. You can still take your rest day on Sunday, it just means you'll end a few days later. I'm also in month 2 of Insanity right now, and that's what I've done on the few odd days I've had to miss my workout over the past six weeks.
  • brownm33
    brownm33 Posts: 44 Member
    Thanks! So you think it doesn't matter when the rest day falls?
  • Cylindad
    Cylindad Posts: 18
    I missed 13 days after two and half weeks on the program.
    I just started to feel very run down and I think it was possibly due to over training.
    Then I went on vacation, so started back yesterday on Recovery week, core cardio and balance.
    I think I will do this for a week then start on month 2.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Thanks! So you think it doesn't matter when the rest day falls?

I really don't, but of course I'm no expert and I tend to not sweat the small stuff as much. I think as long as you get your rest day in somewhere, I can't see how it would matter where it falls with regard to the workouts. I do think skipping workouts for a program as intense as Insanity would be worse, since each one you do makes you stronger and better prepared for the next one.
  • brownm33
    I might just make my rest day on Tuesday. Thanks for the input. :)
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Whenever I miss a workout I just start where I would have been if I hadn't missed. I missed 2 days of P90X this week and just picked it up on day 3. In the long run it won't really matter IMO.
  • brownm33
    I'm just going to pick up where I left off. Thanks!