Im really starting to get frustrated...

Im SO tired of people telling me i dont need to lose weight, SO SICK OF IT! I WANT to lose weight i WANT to feel good in a bikini i have my skinny *kitten* cousins running up to me like "you look unhealthy!" or " you dont need to lose that fat look i have fat" YA OK! 110 pounds soaking wet and you have fat!? Pahahaha your grabbing muscle! Its sooo infuriating! I try to talk about my weight loss and get that "what for!?" or i say "oh no i dont want that HUGE piece of cake i want to have a nice healthy dinner later" i get criticised on MY healthy choices ALL night! What the fudge!? Am i the only one who seems to have family against weight loss goals even though they themselves are skinny!?

Replies

• Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Not a lot but dear ole mom said something about me getting too skinny within the last couple months. I showed her my after pic which you see as my avitar and asked if she still thought I got too skinny. Do wahever TF you wanna do and tell them some strange dude from the internet said phugoff.
  • Not a lot but dear ole mom said something about me getting too skinny within the last couple months. I showed her my after pic which you see as my avitar and asked if she still thought I got too skinny. Do wahever TF you wanna do and tell them some strange dude from the internet said phugoff.

Pahaha the NEXT time i get that from my fiance im saying that EXACT phrase! ;)
  • 8goodgirl0
    8goodgirl0 Posts: 127 Member
    Hi, I get the same thing - people don't seem to realise it's not up to them. It's a real annoyance to me as others judgements are not of any interest to me,
    You know where you feel comfortable and what you want your body to do. I was thinking of throwing a few comments back at them, but I'm not so rude!
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Im SO tired of people telling me i dont need to lose weight, SO SICK OF IT! I WANT to lose weight i WANT to feel good in a bikini i have my skinny *kitten* cousins running up to me like "you look unhealthy!" or " you dont need to lose that fat look i have fat" YA OK! 110 pounds soaking wet and you have fat!? Pahahaha your grabbing muscle! Its sooo infuriating! I try to talk about my weight loss and get that "what for!?" or i say "oh no i dont want that HUGE piece of cake i want to have a nice healthy dinner later" i get criticised on MY healthy choices ALL night! What the fudge!? Am i the only one who seems to have family against weight loss goals even though they themselves are skinny!?

You aren't alone. My co-workers and family are always on my case when I mention "I cant eat this" or "I cant eat that". Honestly I think it is seeded from envy. They are envious that you can commit to eatting healthier and better and taking care of yourself. When you say no to a piece of cake, you are basically telling them "Go on fat *kitten*....have that cake...get fatter". Even though you are not actually saying that...it is what they hear.

In the end, you have to be strong and stick to your plan...we all break down to peer pressure sometimes, but just stick with it...you'll be fine.
  • 8goodgirl0
    Not a lot but dear ole mom said something about me getting too skinny within the last couple months. I showed her my after pic which you see as my avitar and asked if she still thought I got too skinny. Do wahever TF you wanna do and tell them some strange dude from the internet said phugoff.

I want your arms!
    and your Abs!
  • ktbrett22
    ktbrett22 Posts: 17 Member
    I get the exact same thing. I'm not overweight but I have been slimmer and looked better before, and it's about how you feel. I get really wound up by people saying 'don't be boring' if I don't want a piece of cake or a drink. It's demotivated and it makes you feel pretty isolated! It makes it even harder to resist temptation when people say 'oh go on, just one biscuit won't hurt' - it will if it leads to a binge! Ignore them and enjoy feeling better about yourself :)
  • 8goodgirl0
    To be honest I'm not that bothered about losing weight. Building muscle tone and reducing fat will make you look hot in a bikini whatever weight you are.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    I normally rebuke them with facts.

I told them I had 24% fat and the healthiest range for me would be 20%-21%.

Everyone objects to us being thinner, but no one denies that being 'healthier' is bad.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Just remember that you dont need to justify sh** to anybody about your fitness goals. If you wanna be polite and answer when they ask about it, just say something like "i wanna be stronger" or "I want to feel better". Dont use the "lose weight" or "diet" words to avoid getting into arguments about how skinny you should or shouldnt be.

Most of what comes out of their mouths isnt about you anyways. Its about them and their own frustration with themselves that they cant do the same as you. So dont take it personally.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member

I want your arms!
    and your Abs!

I would make some inappropriate comment, but my old lady may see it, so I'll just say thanks ;)
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Just remember that you dont need to justify sh** to anybody about your fitness goals. If you wanna be polite and answer when they ask about it, just say something like "i wanna be stronger" or "I want to feel better". Dont use the "lose weight" or "diet" words to avoid getting into arguments about how skinny you should or shouldnt be.

Most of what comes out of their mouths isnt about you anyways. Its about them and their frustration with themselves that they cant do the same as you. So dont take it personally.

Perfect response :drinker:
  • exactly this!!

Most of what comes out of their mouths isnt about you anyways. Its about them and their own frustration with themselves that they cant do the same as you. So dont take it personally.
  • ya know i get the same ****. It's frustrating.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Oh yeah, I hear that. I'm naturally thin but after my kiddo, I don't look or feel the same. I'm not trying to loose alot of weight, mostly just trying to gain muscle, definition, and slim out a few areas. But like you said, I just wanna feel good in a bikini again! So many people try and bring you down because they are jealous of your progress, your commitment, your enthusiasm, your drive. My sister is overweight and I cannot talk to her about being healthy because it makes her feel bad. I cannot talk to my mother about it because she thinks I'm neglecting my child when I spend the little time I have with her at the gym. It's super frustrating. Thank God for MFP so at least I have someone who is on this journey to encourage me and go through the same sorts of ordeals.

"Keep your head gorgeous. They would kill to see you fall"
  • Just remember that you dont need to justify sh** to anybody about your fitness goals. If you wanna be polite and answer when they ask about it, just say something like "i wanna be stronger" or "I want to feel better". Dont use the "lose weight" or "diet" words to avoid getting into arguments about how skinny you should or shouldnt be.

I think i love this man! :love:
  • I have a few people at work, and my mother who give me **** sometimes. Funny thing it's all the overweight people telling my I'm too skinny. Maybe it's jealousy, or some other form of hatred. I'm no where near skinny, and people keep telling me I need to stop losing weight because I'm going "too far". I weigh 188lb(85kg) and 5`10". I still have a good 20 pounds to go before I'm in the middle of the normal bmi for my body. I love the arguments I get in with my co-worker who is pushing 300 pounds. Yesterday he saw me eating a chicken lettuce wrap and said he would rather kill himself than eat that. Then he ate a chicken wrap from chic-fil-a 1 hour later...with the same **** inside it. Only difference was I made my own chicken, and used lettuce instead of a tortilla.
  • Oh yeah, I hear that. I'm naturally thin but after my kiddo, I don't look or feel the same. I'm not trying to loose alot of weight, mostly just trying to gain muscle, definition, and slim out a few areas. But like you said, I just wanna feel good in a bikini again! So many people try and bring you down because they are jealous of your progress, your commitment, your enthusiasm, your drive. My sister is overweight and I cannot talk to her about being healthy because it makes her feel bad. I cannot talk to my mother about it because she thinks I'm neglecting my child when I spend the little time I have with her at the gym. It's super frustrating. Thank God for MFP so at least I have someone who is on this journey to encourage me and go through the same sorts of ordeals.

"Keep your head gorgeous. They would kill to see you fall"

Sometimes it feels like they would for sure! Love your ticker and your words thankyou!
  • 8goodgirl0

I want your arms!
    and your Abs!

I would make some inappropriate comment, but my old lady may see it, so I'll just say thanks ;)

Sorry i didn't mean to be creepy. I've just starting getting into muscle building and I am much happier than when I was desperate just to see the numbers go down on the scales :)
  • Aniseedvan
    Aniseedvan Posts: 28 Member

I will remember this for Saturday, which I'm dreading. Husbands family are coming over and sil always dishes up big portions so I know there will be lots of comments about the size of ours.. I'm not better or worse than them I have just made a choice to "feel better about myself". It'll probably still get misconstrued though..

My husband has been using MFP for a lot longer thn me and has lost his weight. He still offers me foods he knows damn well I don't have the calorie allowance for. It gets on my nerves too!
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Girl, I get this everyday of my life and I just don't get a s*** anymore. I'm doing it for ME. I know I'm not fat, but I have some jiggle that I want firm and I will do whatever the hell I have to do to get it that way. I say f*** 'em!