still not losing weight. HELP?!

I am trying so hard but getting no results. Im not looking for a quick fix either. This has been going on over a year. I lose maybe 5 pounds at a time and then it comes back a month later. I eat fairly healthy ( still have a few slipups) but I NEVER go over 1500 calories a day. I walk about 1 hour each day plus constantly going with the kids. My DR's only comment is "it happens at your age" but I'm not even 30 yet! Any tips r advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• vbmama2012
    vbmama2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Walking is a great way to start things out, but have you considered adding additional cardio? Sometimes just changing up your program will "shock" your body, and could help move things along. What about the time of day you do your walking? If you walk in the morning, try doing the afternoon or evening. Just a couple suggestions! It'll all come together for you, I'm sure!
  • cricket754
    cricket754 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm in your boat! Now we just need to find the paddles.

I eat a balanced diet and don't consume alcohol - and when I go crazy it's few and far between occurences.

I exercise 4 times per week, maybe not as hard as I could, but still more than I have before 5 months ago when I started.

I have gained 1.5 lbs since beginning an exercise regimen.

I just turned 30 this year but that seriously can't be ultimate reason to this stagnant journey.

GRRR.... I think it's about time to go talk to a Dietician.
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    please give Eat More 2 Weigh Less a Try!
  • vbmama2012
    vbmama2012 Posts: 60 Member
    the other thing I would ask is, how do you FEEL? Are you feeling a difference in how your clothes feel? Sometimes the number on the scale isn't the definite tell-tale of progress. If you're toning, clothes feel a little smaller, but the weight isn't dropping off, that's okay. It's still progress! I hit a plateau as far as the numbers on the scale. But...my clothes continue to fit looser by the day, and I'm starting to see noticeable difference in the overall tone of my body.
  • 1,500 calories seems like an awful lot for the exercise you're doing. What kind of food are you eating? You might also need to add some more strenuous cardio and some weight training as well. And even if you gain a pound or two, remember you may be gaining muscle, which would be awesome!!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 839 Member
    If you make your food diary public, we can see what you're eating. Contrary to some opinions, it isn't just calories, it's WHAT you eat.
  • not2late
    not2late Posts: 98 Member
    Everyone has their own personal metabolism and so eating regimes should be customised to your own needs. If you fill in all your data correctly and your goals in MFP you can use that as a startig point. Stick to the numbers MFP gives you for a month and see if you have lost the amount MFP says you should. If you have not you can consider increasing exercise or decreasing calorie intake. By being sensitive to your personal needs you will eventually find that you will lose weight. HTH
  • Can't see your Diary so I don't know what to suggest..

My Fitness guy at the gym I gave him my phone & loaded up my MFP for him and begged him to tell me what I was doing wrong..

He said:
    ONE - you will have plateaus
    TWO - I was eating TOO many carbs
    THREE-I was eating them WRONG
    FOUR-More More More Protein

I try to keep my carbs under 150 but that doesn't always work and its important to eat them BEFORE you're work out not after.
    AFTER the work out eat some Protein (I forgot this morning to do that)

I don't know if these things will help you but if you make your diary visible it might cut down on the posts of "Can't see your diary" you will get.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    If you make your food diary public, we can see what you're eating. Contrary to some opinions, it isn't just calories, it's WHAT you eat.

This ^

There are many people on MFP who say it is just calories in and calories out. Yet people like you and me prove it wrong again and again.
  • You gotta focus on more lean protein intake, less carbs and low calorie snacks, so you won;t starve. Keep a journey for a few weeks, then you will have an idea as to what you can have and how to stay within your calorie range. Drink at least 8 ounces of water a day. Try this website now loss.com, I just discovered it and it has some really good tips. Hope this helps
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    I'm right there with you as well. I lost about 18 pounds in the first few months, and kept it off.. just after my 29th birthday i noticed the scale did not budge at all, sometimes up, but right back at my regular weight.

A few months ago probably in June i noticed the scale creeping up and up and up. and Now I am 8 pounds heavier from what I used to be. I work out 4-5 times a week, and i incorporate weights, cardio and boxing. Im usually at the gym for at least 2 hours if not more. I eat about 1400 min + some days I eat extra from my work out points.

if you figure anything out, please share, because i need outta that boat
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

It will help you figure out the correct calorie goal for you! Also, like others have suggested, maybe you need to change up your exercise routine. I've found that adding a new exercise/activity or taking an extra rest day can help when I've stalled out for a few weeks.
  • A healthy low-carb weight loss plan (http://www.dukandiet.com/The-Dukan-Diet) could help you lose weight. Your meals should ideally include non-starchy carbs found in fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains and proteins found in lean meats, eggs, milk (and milk products) and tofu. I also think it would help if you took your exercise up a notch, nothing extreme, just maybe a little more intensive. How about swimming or boxing? You have many options.