Help! Big Dinner Plans!

Options
Tonight my boyfriend is taking me out to a really nice restaraunt and i dont want to hold back from eating the fantastic food. What are some really low calorie foods that are also filling for the day so i can save my calories for the dinner?

Im still really new at this and i dont want to completely sabotage my diet. Help me please!

Replies

• Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Just eat less throughout the day -- you won't starve; after a little while you'll start to feel less hungry too. I've done it before where I had a small bagel for breakfast, coffee, and then a protein bar for lunch -- saved my calories for wine and a healthy (and delicious) dinner at a restaurant.

I usually have a go-to meal for eating out that's healthy and I know won't destroy my calorie intake for the day -- I usually choose salmon and steamed vegetables. Maybe check out the menu beforehand and have some options for things that will be tasty but healthy.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Fruits and Veggies for the day time stuff, but make better choices of food tonight. Eat smaller portions tonight. There are things you can do and still enjoy your dinner. You don't HAVE to eat everything on your plate it's okay to stop eating before your plate is empty. Eat one roll instead of two. It doesn't have to be a problem. Look to see if they have a lower calorie menu. Check online to see if they have the calorie's posted for their menu and plan out now what your going to have.
  • megmariexoxo
    Options
    Thanks! Im going to look at the menu right now so i can plan ahead. great advice
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    Fruits and Veggies! Just snack on a fruit salad, or a veggie platter. If you eat enough of them they'll make you full :)
    also like under 100 calories;
    cut up an apple, (i cut the skin off too) arrange all fancy on a plate, and sprinkle with cinnamon. then put it in the oven for 3-5 minutes. under 100 calories for a makeshift apple pie :D

There's loads of yummy things you can do with fruits and veggies, and they'll hardly hurt your diet. then you'l have most of your calories for dinner! :)
  • megmariexoxo
    Options
    that sounds delicious! thanks
  • WickedPixie1
    WickedPixie1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    For dinner out:
    Sauces and dressings on the side!!!!!!! Or for salads, ask for lemon wedges
    Ask for lean cuts of meat, seafood is not an option for me unfortunately, so it's usually chicken or beef. Chicken, make sure there's no skin.
    Dessert, see if they have a fruit option or if you really want that piece of cake...ask the server how big the portion is and see if your bf will share it with you

For today:
    Yoghurt
    Veggies and low cal dip
    Egg and toast...you can add a bit of cheese without adding much in the way of calories
    small baked potato
  • megmariexoxo
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the advice! you all helped so much
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    fruits and veggies, maybe some fish/seafood as it is lean, low cal and high protien that keeps you fuller longer.