kinda gross question

Options
This is a gross question. Forewarned. To reduce that I'll be using some euphemisms.

One of the reasons I started on the whole "eating better" thing was because my GI tract was starting to cause me problems in the restroom. Things were moving through too quickly and the result was rather painful. From time to time during my lapses this would happen again.

Now I'm having the opposite problem. There's no pain or bloating, so I'm not panicking. There's LESS bloating than I got when I ate a bunch of fruit. But as opposed to voiding two times a day it's once and I'm wondering if that's normal. I've reduced my carbs and started eating more meat. This is something I've noticed over the past few days, and my journal is complete for at least that time.

Replies

• Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Its normal for someone who is reducing your carbs. More fiber = going to the bathroom more.
  • ZambiNan
    ZambiNan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    From conversations with a select few people (y'know.. those people who would be willing to participate in these conversations) I can tell you that a range of healthy people have told me they eliminate in a range from every 2-3 days to multiple times in one day. I wouldn't worry about it unless more than 3 days go by with no... movements ;-)

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional. Just a person with a colon.
  • WickedPixie1
    WickedPixie1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    LOL!! Love it!!
    My daughter has had problems with her bowels for years, so needless to say, we've seen a few docs about this. I can't find the chart we used to use with her, but this link is good.

http://www.antonhealth.com/2009/06/poop-scoop-guide-to-healthy-poops.html
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Less carbs = less poop

I've head them called 'crapohydrates' :)

I go usually once every other, or every TWO days. My Dr. informs me that if I don't feel plugged up and I'm not in pain, don't worry.

The 'once per day' is a complete myth.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    Options
    I go usually once every other, or every TWO days. My Dr. informs me that if I don't feel plugged up and I'm not in pain, don't worry.

The 'once per day' is a complete myth.

Ok, this is what I was wondering. I'm actually feeling a LOT better than when I ate bunches of fruit, because the sugars would cause excessive gasses and bloating. Ouch, btw.

Thank you.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Google can tell you what is normal for a healthy adult.