Music or TV?

Options
Joshilator0524
Joshilator0524 Posts: 26 Member
Which do you prefer while running, your favorite song or your favorite TV show playing?

Replies

• melanie3900
    melanie3900 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    TV -- I do a "Walk Slim" DVD, and as long as I'm keeping up with the beat on the DVD, I can enjoy watching my favorite TV show.
    But if I'm at the gym (which is very seldom), I prefer music. It keeps me enthused and pumped up :)
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Music. Hands down.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    music. my TV is way to heavy to carry on runs.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Where am I running? On a treadmill in the gym, I prefer TV. If out in nature, music.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    It's a pain in the @ss carrying a tv down the street, so music.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Music, unless a football game is on.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Music. I won't use a treadmill in front of a TV.
  • doin_it_in_the_gym
    Options
    Music no contest!!
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Definitely Music!!!
  • krim12
    krim12 Posts: 102
    Options
    I have the tv on cartoons for my 3 yr old and then i have my mp3 player on...so both
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, music, but if I'm using the treadmill in my apts fitness center and there's a Law and Order SVU marathon on, well I'll be on the b!tch all day!

I'm actually trying REALLY hard not to rely on music during my runs as much. I've started only wearing headphones if I'm running distances and not when I'm doing intervals...trying to "unplug" as much as I can!

Once, I almost fell off the treadmill because I was jamming to Tupac "California Love" just a little too hard.
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Music, it pumps me up!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Once, I almost fell off the treadmill because I was jamming to Tupac "California Love" just a little too hard.

Meredith...knows how to party!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    At my gym the cardio machines all have their own individual tvs - so I put on the closed caption so I can watch & read it and then have my music blaring in my headphones.
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Music. Hands down.

^This
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    When I'm at the gym I always have music playing to keep me motivated. But I watch the tv screens (it's usually Jeopardy by the time I get in there) because staring at the wall gets pretty old pretty fast.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Mostly music but occasionally I love watching funny stuff (south park, family guy, workaholics) on my phone while on the elliptical or treadmill, I always giggle outloud a bit and feel nuts lol
  • High_D
    High_D Posts: 10
    Options
    Wouldn't it be neat if they had a treadmill with a virtual tv screen where you'd get more of the feeling as if you're walking in a neighborhood? Somehow include the ability to make turns on the treadmill too. That way you could feel a little bit more like you're walking outside, but with the benefits of not having to worry about the weather.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Definitely music!
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    Though i don't run I'd have to say music as I have alot of heavy metal etc to listen to and I find it very motivating.