Something filling for breakfast

Options
Have any good ideas for something to eat for breakfast that is filling, quick and low in calories?

Replies

• hlcgreene
    hlcgreene Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I find the best yoghurt to have as part of a breakfast is Muller Lights, usually 95 calories per pot.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Drink a cup of green tea before breakfast, this will help make the breakfast seem more filling.

Fruit and yogurt, or an egg fried in olive oil with a slice of low gi bread (no butter)

~Ella Novella~
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with fruit and protein powder mixed in keeps me full for hours. I often use frozen fruit for convenience- already prepped and ready to go.
  • Annie_ga
    Annie_ga Posts: 72
    Options
    I love my quick oats + a few Tbs of protein powder + some flax seads + 1 tsp. brown sugar. It is so yummy and keeps me full for hours! These are NOT empty calories :)
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I get up early with my boys, so around 6:30 am i eat 6-8 oz Greek yogurt, 1/2oz Kashi go lean cereal and 4 oz blueberries. Very filling. So much so that I sometimes can't finish it and eat the rest around 10am.
  • Bubdog1
    Bubdog1 Posts: 72
    Options
    This Giant One Minute Breakfast Cookie is to die for!!! And less than 200 calories!

Method
    The estimated time to make this recipe is 5 minutes.
    1 In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together (except for chocolate chips). Spread batter onto a a small microwave-safe plate, forming batter into a circle with a spoon.
    2 Microwave for one minute, or until just cooked! Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
    Enjoy immediately, or prepare the night before for a quick breakfast if desired!
    Ingredients

1/4 cup Oats (use gluten free if sensitive)
    2 tbs Oat flour (oats ground into flour in blender or food processor) 1
    1/4 tsp Baking powder
    1/4 tsp Baking soda
    1 tbs Protein powder 2
    3 pkts Stevia (or sweetener of choice to taste)
    Pinch Salt
    1/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
    1 tbs Low sugar maple syrup, agave nectar or honey
    3 tbs Plain low fat yogurt (I used Greek)
    1 tsp Chocolate chips (I used mini)
    Optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    6 WWP+*

1 Other flours would work such as peanut flour or whole wheat in place of the oat flour. Use gluten free oats if gluten sensitive!

Note: This is a soft, gooey cookie--you'll need to eat it with a spoon or fork--not the kind of cookie you can pick up!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I like to scramble some egg whites and one whole egg and add in some veggies in a microwave safe dish. It is super fast, low carb and keeps me full for hours.
  • Adrienneburrows1
    Adrienneburrows1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great ideals!!